Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Karl Foerster in Cork

Options
  • 08-09-2017 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I'm looking to buy a couple of these around the Cork area - I've tried Hanleys and Griffins garden centres - anyone got any other suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭macraignil

okedoke wrote: »
    Hi
    I'm looking to buy a couple of these around the Cork area - I've tried Hanleys and Griffins garden centres - anyone got any other suggestions?

I saw a good selection of grasses at Hillside nursery in Glounthaune. They don't have that one listed on their website but I think they had many more varieties in stock than are listed there. It might be worth giving them a ring to check.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭okedoke

Thanks - never heard of that place - I'll give them a ring

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

Hi

Have you actually asked them if they'll order them in? A good garden centre will get whatever you need.

They had it in Hillside nursery - great spot - thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭macraignil

They had it in Hillside nursery - great spot - thanks

No worry. I hope it grows well for you. Only found out about them recently myself as well when I asked about Chilean fire bush at Fota garden centre in Midleton. It's a bit off the beaten track but will definitely be calling back there again.

• Advertisement

I actually preferred the look of:

https://www.rhs.org.uk/Plants/72206/i-Miscanthus-sinensis-i-Kleine-Silberspinne/Details

so bought these instead.

Advertisement