Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

StairLifts : Cork

• 08-09-2017 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,
    I'm looking to purchase a stairlift for my mother. The house has one 90degree bend in the stairs. I've had some initial contact with 2 companies.
    1/Abbey Mobility : Tim Morley
    2/Able Health Care : Darragh Nolan

Has anyone used either of these companies in the past?
    Could you provide feedback on your experiences?
    Is there any other companies that you would recommend?

regards,
    Paddy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,403 ✭✭✭ofcork

Healthcare 21 have a good name and are a big operation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Mumha

p_paddy wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm looking to purchase a stairlift for my mother. The house has one 90degree bend in the stairs. I've had some initial contact with 2 companies.
    1/Abbey Mobility : Tim Morley
    2/Able Health Care : Darragh Nolan

Has anyone used either of these companies in the past?
    Could you provide feedback on your experiences?
    Is there any other companies that you would recommend?

regards,
    Paddy

Just to let you know, don't expect to sell it as a second hand stairlift in the future. I tried to sell my late mother in law's one and I couldn't even give it away. For some reason, no one wants second hand stairlifts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Mumha wrote: »
    Just to let you know, don't expect to sell it as a second hand stairlift in the future. I tried to sell my late mother in law's one and I couldn't even give it away. For some reason, no one wants second hand stairlifts.

Possibly grant related? Maybe you can only get a grant for new stairlifts. If the track for it is curved at all, then that can never be used again really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Mumha

Ludo wrote: »
    Possibly grant related? Maybe you can only get a grant for new stairlifts. If the track for it is curved at all, then that can never be used again really.

My own mother in law paid for hers privately, otherwise iirc there is a bit of a wait. You'd think there would be some interest.

Actually yes, Re Curve, you're right. I was told that the best chance was with a straight stairlift, curved ones were almost impossible to move on.

Advertisement