Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Late Late Show - 8th. September 2017

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,321 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Off now to google what Georgia Salpa is up to *cough*

Nos da :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Little Voice is on BBC1, it's an odd little film.

It you make it to the end you can hear Michael Caine sing Roy Orbison

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Donie....remember the night of 27/01/17 ;):D

All is not lost.... Ladies, George Clooney is in the late movie :D
    Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Oh my God.

One Fine Day with Clooney & Pfiffer is on next.

Load of bollocks. No way I'd watch it again.

Again.
    Tell the truth Donie, you'll be watching it for Michelle and I'll be there for George :D
    I'll be watching for Michelle, jesus she was beautiful.

But more for tips from George. He was smoooooth in that movie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Isn't it ridiculous that all week I've been hearing about this storm, and all week I've though it sounds terrible.

Then I see Trump saying it's a terrible storm and I just think probably bullsh*t.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭jprboy

Autosport wrote: »
    Night all, I'm off to dream of Tubs on a tractor :D

Reminds me of a joke:

What's the difference between a tractor and a giraffe?

One has hydraulics and the other has high bol***

*nips into kitchen and sticks on the kettle.*

Ooh, Double Deckers!

Were you shopping in Tesco this evening too, Double Deckers were on special offer :D

Donie....remember the night of 27/01/17 ;):D

:D:D:D

I still can't find the remote.

:D

Were you shopping in Tesco this evening too, Double Deckers were on special offer :D

They seem to have 'em in Centra all the time. Slightly smaller than usual but, like 7 or 8 of them for 1 or 2 euros.

Get in. I love 'em nearly as much as ice cream Marses. (I ran out if them, though).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

Wonder will they be ploughing the sold RTE lands or do they have another spot?

Pat Kenny's field:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I'm definitely not not drinking for that ever again.

Bookmark this thread for when you feel you can get through this sober again. It's just not worth it.

Isn't it ridiculous that all week I've been hearing about this storm, and all week I've though it sounds terrible.

Then I see Trump saying it's a terrible storm and I just think probably bullsh*t.
    Donie, If you remember back to the night of 27/01/17, Trump made the late night news that night too :eek:
    Did ye notice how Donald was holding Theresa May's hand as she was walking down steps?? There might be a gentleman in there after all. I live in hope, I'm trying to be positive.

nintchdbpict000297467420-e1485552822260.jpg?strip=all&w=873

Skid X wrote: »
    Little Voice is on BBC1, it's an odd little film.

It you make it to the end you can hear Michael Caine sing Roy Orbison

I wish I had known about this version of 'It's over' when I broke with a guy I really liked years and years ago.

My father didn't like him but after a full month of listening to that song coming from my bedroom, he was ready to hand over a dowry to get me out of the house. Thankfully, I got sense and realised I had had a lucky escape. I thank God for unanswered prayers as Gareth Brookes would say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I wish I had known about this version of 'It's over' when I broke with a guy I really liked years and years ago.

My father didn't like him but after a full month of listening to that song coming from my bedroom, he was ready to hand over a dowry to get me out of the house. Thankfully, I got sense and realised I had had a lucky escape. I thank God for unanswered prayers as Gareth Brookes would say.

Joe, How did you guess it was him? lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

I love Marian Keyes.

I was laughing at my husband's man flu all week but karma and now I have it :(

So I was asleep earlier and now I'm watching Marian on +1.

She is very funny on twitter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

Only 25 pages, that must be near the lowest that a Tubridy Late Late has got is it? On that basis, I certainly wont be watching back.

^Phew, just thinking. It would have really p1ssed me off if that post had taken it to a 26th page.

https://www.rte.ie/lifestyle/living/2017/0908/903299-ryan-tubridy-shares-how-he-plans-to-change-up-the-late-late-show/

Another big press release from RTE. You would really wonder who writes this stuff for him.
    "The Late Late Show feels like my living room on a Sunday now and I want people to come and join me in the living room like it's my house.

"I'm going to go into the audience more, mess more, relax more, have longer interviews if they have to be, shorter interviews if they're not as good as they should be and just be... it will be honest TV."

I wish he'd just p1ss off to his own living room on a Friday evening, and let somebody with a bit of humour and natural presenting talent have a go at the job. I don't think there is any man who celebrates his own mediocrity as much this guy. Every single year he gives us an explanation about how "this year will be much better", and yet still every end of season you look at the missus across the couch and say "Y'know, I think he's actually getting worse".

"I'm going to go into the audience more, mess act the maggot more, relax more, have longer interviews if they have to be, shorter interviews if they're not as good as they should be and just be... it will be honest TV."

FYP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,186 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Was there misery in every interview last night?

Was there misery in every interview last night?
    The LLS is like a trip to the supermarket, you're guaranteed to get a weekly special offer.... of 100% extra free (misery).

There are lots of BOGOFs - Buy one get one free guests - I'm convinced that RTÉ pay one hefty fee and we get treated to one RTÉ radio and one TV interview from some z list celebrity flogging their wares.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,186 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

The LLS is like a trip to the supermarket, you're guaranteed to get a weekly special offer.... of 100% extra free (misery).

There are lots of BOGOFs - Buy one get one free guests - I'm convinced that RTÉ pay one hefty fee and we get treated to one RTÉ radio and one TV interview from some z list celebrity flogging their wares.

That's the odd thing, Eddie izzard would be a decent guest and he was treated less than bogof... Same with chris eubank before. In fact many imported guests have a look of "what....we're finished “? “

That's the odd thing, Eddie izzard would be a decent guest and he was treated less than bogof... Same with chris eubank before. In fact many imported guests have a look of "what....we're finished “? “

That was the worst thing. By miles the best guess (considering we've heard yer one from the ploughing at least once before) and he got about 5 minutes.

Boo-urns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

That was the worst thing. By miles the best guess (considering we've heard yer one from the ploughing at least once before) and he got about 5 minutes.

Boo-urns.

And there he is talking about having longer interviews when needed?? It still baffles me how he conducted that interview last night with what could have and would have been a very entertaining guest.

monkey9 wrote: »
    And there he is talking about having longer interviews when needed??

"relax more, have longer interviews if they have to be, shorter interviews if they're not as good as they should be and just be... it will be honest TV."

And he says if the interviews are not as good, then he will make them shorter. So, just a heads up for everybody, the Late Late is probably going to finish at about 10.15pm in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

:mad: :mad:

This was sent to me on Facebook

I is upset :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Ah now, look at the awkwardness in that photo, Auto.

I don't see much chemistry there at all.

Don't be disheartened!

Tell the truth AS. That's you and you've snared him at last.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭Demonique

So there's enough people who want to buy the auld bat's ploughing book that she had a signing in Easons?

I switched over last night while the repeat was on, (with the sound off). There was a girl in a wheelchair on stage while Tubbs was sitting in the audience with her mother (I assume). The mother was crying and Tubbs was sitting beside her bursting with pride. He then got up and left her to go back on stage while the camera stayed on the mother rubbing her eyes.

Is this what Friday night entertainment has come to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

Low ratings equal low advertisement revenue I would imagine. And RTE wonder why they are going bankrupt?

The Toy Show saves the current incarnation of the LLS every year. The figures are bumped up by at least 1 million kids waiting up past their bedtime. They are hardly the most discerning of viewers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

She's far too good for him. As, I'm sure, are you.

Advertisement