Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VESA adapters?

Options
  • 08-09-2017 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭

I thought I had done enough research before taking the plunge and buying 2 new Samsung monitors and a VonHaus desktop stand to hold both of them.

Monitor has 75 x 75 mounting holes and the stand takes these as well as 100 x 100.

However for some reason Samsung have installed a non removable hinge for the base a couple of mm from the mounting holes. This means the stand won't fit. :mad:

One option is to open up the screens and remove the base. This will leave a hole which I should probably cover with electric tape or something.

The other option, and the reason I started this thread, is to see if any of you know of some kind of 75 x 75 adapter that I can connect to my monitors which extends the holes out over the hinge?

Here's a video of the monitor:

RpKOvsf.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I've a preceeding model, the 22EA53 with the same stand design. Its on a VESA 2 arm mount, working well. The difference is the mounting holes are in the middle of the panel.

Your panel is an ultrathin which leads to that design. The top of the unit is too thin to house the backplate that the VESA mount screws to so its much lower than normal.

81M1pCxKChL._SL1500_.jpg

You could make an adaptor pretty easily, screw the arms plate to another taller plate, then that plate to the monitors lower down.

But its messy, so I'd see if you can exchange them for a non ultrathin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭Wheety

Yeah looks like I'll have to send them back. Bought from Amazon and threw the box out as the green bin was being collected :mad:

Now have to find a suitable box :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Get someone with a jigsaw or dremel to cut down the VESA adapter to size.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

could you use Meccano ?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Get someone with a jigsaw or dremel to cut down the VESA adapter to size.

Thats probably not a bad idea actually, if the stand is super expensive then changing it from a 75/100 to a 75 would work well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭Wheety

Advertisement