Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for Running Backpack

Options
  • 08-09-2017 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi All,

I am in the market for a lightweight waterproof small running back pack for commuting to work. Enough to fit 3 clothing items, a pair of shoes and a lunch. Wallet phone etc!
    It's got to be water proof. I have done several reviews and so far I'm thinking of then OMM Phantom 12. It seems to tick a lot of boxes.

Anybody out there have one already? Any other strong recommendations?

Cheers
    RNRK

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Hi All,

I am in the market for a lightweight waterproof small running back pack for commuting to work. Enough to fit 3 clothing items, a pair of shoes and a lunch. Wallet phone etc!
    It's got to be water proof. I have done several reviews and so far I'm thinking of then OMM Phantom 12. It seems to tick a lot of boxes.

Anybody out there have one already? Any other strong recommendations?

Cheers
    RNRK

Cheap and cheerful, head to Sports World and pick up a Karrimor

Want to spend a bit more check out Deuter 5 and Deuter 10

Also keep an eye of Lidl and Aldi running specials

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Cheap and cheerful, head to Sports World and pick up a Karrimor

Want to spend a bit more check out Deuter 5 and Deuter 10

Also keep an eye of Lidl and Aldi running specials

I've the Deuter 10, getting great use out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

Good luck with the bag, I've an inov8 16 L race pak and an omm ultra 8 and they serve me very well, comfy. I'd say one thing, carrying shoes etc will get very old very soon when you're running any distance... run-muting is a fine art of organisation, leaving stuff in work on previous days to facilitate a near empty bag when running in....

deuter are quality. have had a 10l for years. they also do a 15. some come with a rain cover - not sure you'd be planning to run in the rain but handy to have. worth paying a bit extra. the zips are very good - usually what goes on a backpack - especially the cheaper ones. the idea of a running backpack is to have the stuff inside tight so it doesn't move around. 10l may be enough for most. you can still fit a fair bit in.

this one has the rain cover built in

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/deuter-race-rucksack/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

glasso wrote: »
    this one has the rain cover built in

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/deuter-race-rucksack/

Dry bags are very handy also both from compressing what you need to bring and also keeping it dry.

Advertisement