Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bathroom Lights- Need to change bulb

Options
  • 08-09-2017 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭

Hi,

There is a ceiling light in a bathroom that needs replacing. The bulb is covered by a glass cover. (Picture attached)

I can't seem to twist the glass cover. I also tried a screwdriver to see if this would pop.

Andy advise how to change the bulb. Also anyone know what type of bulb might be there.?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

The glass twists anti-clockwise. Use the palm of your hand.
    Most likely a50watt Di chroic lamp

The whole fitting can pull down out of the ceiling if that makes life handier. Use a screwdriver between the fitting and ceiling to get your fingers in and pull down. Mind the fingers though as it's spring loaded and is like a mouse trap if you catch them between the springs

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭batman2000

Thanks, it appears fairly stuck, it wouldn't turn. I'll try dropping it down from the ceiling

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

batman2000 wrote: »
    Thanks, it appears fairly stuck, it wouldn't turn. I'll try dropping it down from the ceiling

There's a rubber seal between the glass and fitting. Sometimes they're stuck tight alright. Dropping it down will give access to both sides of glass and make removal easier alright

Advertisement