Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Accidental Landlord'

Options
  • 08-09-2017 1:49pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭

gizmo81 wrote:
    It makes no sense to me.

I won't mention accidental landlords but it's completely odd to me that this term is off limits.

If you have an issue or dispute with this decision of the A&P mods or my warning based on the mods' decision or any decision of any moderator, you can bring your complaint or complaints to the Helpdesk.

So here i am with another dispute I don't want.

Background I received a warning for denying the use of the term 'accidental landlord'. Pat Mustard lifted the warning but warned me not deny the term 'accidental landlord' again because A&P Mods don't like it and it upsets the landlord posters of A&P.

Now I just don't understand the term, becoming a landlord is not an accident, for a start there is the process and costs of registering with the RTB. It cannot be an accident.

The term if you analyse it, is to remove culpability from the landlord.

I propose the term 'unintended landlord'.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The term "accidental landlord" is well accepted and understood in everyday parlance. There is no need to re-invent the wheel here, and this is a frivolous complaint.

You got sanctioned (which was rescinded) because you did not like how another poster used the term to describe themselves. The term itself is not the cause of this issue.

Right now, the A&P mods, CMods and even Admins are spending a lot of time on your concerns. It's not viable and cannot continue.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement