Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling insurance, buying new car

Options
  • 08-09-2017 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm buying a new car and because Liberty won't insure me until I'm 30 on that model (I'm 26) I was thinking of cancelling the insurance 6 months early. They might have to quote me, not sure, but I expect it would be huge money.

Is there any impact to me on that, other than "losing" 6 months NCB? I'd still have my NCB from full years before that, would cancelling the policy have any effect on other companies quoting me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

If the vehicle is roadworthy, legal and you have a licence to drive it, they have to offer you a quote. However, they can restrict cover to 3rd parry only

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

If the vehicle is roadworthy, legal and you have a licence to drive it, they have to offer you a quote. However, they can restrict cover to 3rd parry only

It could also be very very expensive. It may well work out to be cheaper to change, I'll try get some figures together.

Advertisement