Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joining Eir

Options
  • 08-09-2017 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Hi
    I tried to join Eir online, but at checkout was advised I need to an existing customer in order to join????

After multiple failed attempts online I spent over an hour on chat, provided all the details no I receive an email that more information is required. Click the link in the email. I clicked the link in the email and it does no where.

Called sales number. Keep getting transferred. No idea what's required and how to submit the 'missing' documentation

2 hours later my order is still not processed

No a great start, I've also just read that I need to provide ducting to my house in order to avail of FTTH. Why is this not called out before new customers start the process of joining

Over 2 hours wasted

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Hi
    I tried to join Eir online, but at checkout was advised I need to an existing customer in order to join????

After multiple failed attempts online I spent over an hour on chat, provided all the details no I receive an email that more information is required. Click the link in the email. I clicked the link in the email and it does no where.

Called sales number. Keep getting transferred. No idea what's required and how to submit the 'missing' documentation

No a great start,  I've also just read that I need to provide ducting to my house in order to avail of FTTH.  Why is this not called out before new customers start the process of joining

Over 2 hours wasted
    Hi madyoke2009,

Sorry to hear of the issues you're having with your order. Did you receive any information about this order eg order number or account number? I'd be unable to process an order from here, however, if the order is in our system I'll be able to give you more information on the issues with it.

We wouldn't know if you'd need to lay ducting until the technician goes out to install these services. The majority of houses would already have this installed when the technician goes out to do the installation.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 5 TylrMde

Hi

No a great start,  I've also just read that I need to provide ducting to my house in order to avail of FTTH.  Why is this not called out before new customers start the process of joining

Over 2 hours wasted
    Hi madyoke2009,
    Firstly, sorry to hear of your trouble. But I am not surprised. I have a lot of experience in dealing with Eircom before they became Eir and their customer service was crap. I recently tried to sign up for broadband online. I was having difficulty when a lovely young woman came online there and then to ensure I was signed up. Immediately after that I received a mail saying I needed to be at home to receive wifi device. I was not able to be there and went online to request a change of delivery. I had no phone for 2 weeks. I tried every link online to contact them. For over a week I tried and no response. I finally lost the plot and cancelled the order as it was within the 14 day cooling off period. They finally responded to my emails 2 weeks later.
    My concern are these, How was it when I was having difficulty signing up online, a sales person could connect with me immediately to lure me in, yet it took 2 weeks for customer service to reply to my mail. Why is there customer service so busy it takes 2 weeks to respond to email. The only answers are 1. They don't really have a customer service dept. It's just a broom closet in the basement that someone goes into once in a while to see if there is any issues. 2. They are understaffed or the most likely 3. They are inundated with complaints. In my past experience with them, their customer service agents basically hadn't a clue what they were talking about. If it wasn't on a script in front of them they were flumoxed.
    My advice to you now is to cancel your order and go with another provider. Get out now, get out while you still can and don't look back!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 TylrMde

Hi

Over 2 hours wasted
    Hi madyoke2009,

Firstly, sorry to hear of your trouble. But I am not surprised. I have a lot of experience in dealing with Eircom before they became Eir and their customer service was crap. I recently tried to sign up for broadband online. I was having difficulty when a lovely young woman came online there and then to ensure I was signed up. Immediately after that I received a mail saying I needed to be at home to receive wifi device. I was not able to be there and went online to request a change of delivery. I had no phone for 2 weeks. I tried every link online to contact them. For over a week I tried and no response. I finally lost the plot and cancelled the order as it was within the 14 day cooling off period. They finally responded to my emails 2 weeks later.

My concern are these, How was it when I was having difficulty signing up online, a sales person could connect with me immediately to lure me in, yet it took 2 weeks for customer service to reply to my mail. Why is there customer service so busy it takes 2 weeks to respond to email. The only answers are 1. They don't really have a customer service dept. It's just a broom closet in the basement that someone goes into once in a while to see if there is any issues. 2. They are understaffed or the most likely 3. They are inundated with complaints. In my past experience with them, their customer service agents basically hadn't a clue what they were talking about. If it wasn't on a script in front of them they were flumoxed.

My advice to you now is to cancel your order and go with another provider. Get out now, get out while you still can and don't look back!

Advertisement