Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coin meter alternatives

Options
  • 08-09-2017 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

We've a granny flat that has a coin meter in it which has now broken. I gather they're not legal anymore so replacing it is not an option. Can anyone recommend alternatives? The granny flat is let out and they've always paid their electricity costs via the coin meter. Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,099 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

PickleJar wrote:
    We've a granny flat that has a coin meter in it which has now broken. I gather they're not legal anymore so replacing it is not an option. Can anyone recommend alternatives? The granny flat is let out and they've always paid their electricity costs via the coin meter. Thanks

I didn't know that they were illegal now.

What about a landlord meter. REC installs a regular meter replacing the coin meter and you take weekly readings?

Another option is to get a smart meter. I don't like these because you are sort of rent them. You pat sometimes close to a euro per day in standing charges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭kramer1

Card meter. You buy the cards, sell them to the tenants. Ask an electrical wholesaler where to get them

Would someone fit them though?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,099 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Would someone fit them though?

yes

Advertisement