Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Offering Poor

• 08-09-2017 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

Hi

Moved into a brand new build house few months ago in Kilkenny city. Not in the middle of nowhere in a field in the middle of Kilkenny. Right beside a large government infrastructure which I assume needs broadband or else we are all in trouble should we get invaded. 

I currently have Virgin Media who at the time where the only providers and offering me amazing speeds I achieve 235 every day. Since you launched your new partnership with Supervalu I thought I might consider switching and giving you guys a go. I checked on the website just now and it says Congratulations we are offering you a great value bundle [font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]Speeds of up to [/font][font=GT-Walsheim-Medium, 'Arial Medium']12Mb[/font][font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial] are available at your home. [/font]

Are you serious in 2017 in the middle of Kilkenny this is what you offer. I understand Virgin offer their services through a different system but how they can offer 240 and you can offer 12 is beyond me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

kkapp wrote: »
    Hi

Moved into a brand new build house few months ago in Kilkenny city. Not in the middle of nowhere in a field in the middle of Kilkenny. Right beside a large government infrastructure which I assume needs broadband or else we are all in trouble should we get invaded. 

I currently have Virgin Media who at the time where the only providers and offering me amazing speeds I achieve 235 every day. Since you launched your new partnership with Supervalu I thought I might consider switching and giving you guys a go. I checked on the website just now and it says Congratulations we are offering you a great value bundle [font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]Speeds of up to [/font][font=GT-Walsheim-Medium, 'Arial Medium']12Mb[/font][font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial] are available at your home. [/font]

Are you serious in 2017 in the middle of Kilkenny this is what you offer. I understand Virgin offer their services through a different system but how they can offer 240 and you can offer 12 is beyond me.
    Hi kkapp,

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear that's all that we can offer you at this time. I'm afraid we wouldn't have any way of increasing the speed of your line if that's all that you can currently receive with us.

I wouldn't be able to comment on what services a different provider can give you. If you register your details on the below link you'll be notified as soon as you can receive fibre from us which will provide you with faster speeds.

https://www.eir.ie/broadband/eoi/

- Adam

Advertisement