Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3GB/32GB Android box Amlogic S912 Octacore -€40

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭seanin4711

forum support for this?
    anyone have issues with wifi signal dropping or can a firmware sort it out?
    dont want another book end after android 4.4.2 non upgradeable box.
    thanks
    John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭positron

I have had this box for couple of weeks now, but only used it a handful of times. Lately I have noticed that it's coming on by itself from standby. Also when it comes on, it thinks there's no network eventhough it's connected to LAN (and no wireless configured). Strage. Just wondering if anyone else have seen these issues?

I might flash it with one of the better ROMs mentioned earlier in this thread.

positron wrote: »
    I have had this box for couple of weeks now, but only used it a handful of times. Lately I have noticed that it's coming on by itself from standby. Also when it comes on, it thinks there's no network eventhough it's connected to LAN (and no wireless configured). Strage. Just wondering if anyone else have seen these issues?

I might flash it with one of the better ROMs mentioned earlier in this thread.

OTA updates on this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭positron

I don't know, it updated itself first time I powered it up, and haven't seen any further system updates since, apart from usual Google Playstore updates. There were a few different alternate software mentioned earlier in this thread like vanilla Android TV etc, I am planning to try some of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 slaphead45

slaphead45 wrote: »
    So turned box off last night and tonight I cannot get it to switch on. All I am getting is the red standby light. Have tried the supplied remote and air mouse but nothing will bring it back to life. I am on the firmware it came with as I was too chicken to upgrade it. Any advice would be welcome!
    Went looking for a usb a to usb a cable in trusty cable bag and came across old power lead (think it's from old modem or digisender) which I tried on the box and it works. I suspect the supplied adaptor is on the way out (even now it still shows red standby light when plugged in). Just in case anyone else encounters this. Thanks again for the replies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭wiz569

Went looking for a usb a to usb a cable in trusty cable bag and came across old power lead (think it's from old modem or digisender) which I tried on the box and it works. I suspect the supplied adaptor is on the way out (even now it still shows red standby light when plugged in). Just in case anyone else encounters this. Thanks again for the replies.

That was going to be my next suggestion, Honest :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17 slaphead45

wiz569 wrote: »
    That was going to be my next suggestion, Honest :D

I believe you, honest !

Still slightly bewildered - would've thought a power supply or adaptor would either work or not work. Just glad it's working and not a 60 quid paperweight !

I believe you, honest !

Still slightly bewildered - would've thought a power supply or adaptor would either work or not work. Just glad it's working and not a 60 quid paperweight !

Yeah tbh chinese psu's are a bit suspect at the best of times,glad you are sorted m8 :)

best place and shipping times etc

Yeah tbh chinese psu's are a bit suspect at the best of times,glad you are sorted m8 :)

And my psu has failed lol

Have a 5v 2a one working at the minute but if anybody comes across a decently priced replacement please lets know :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭Invincible

Have a 5v 2a one working at the minute but if anybody comes across a decently priced replacement please lets know :)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/s/ref=is_s_ss_i_1_3?k=5v+2a+power+adapter&sprefix=5v+&crid=3RD1RPT540FPI

Invincible wrote: »

They are all 2a its 2.5a that's needed and most of those are usb connection,hoping somebody might actually have use a replacement one they could recommend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 223 ✭✭Donal94

My one won't turn on but there is a small flashing red light in a port on the back. Has anyone elses done this? Shame I have barely used it.

Donal94 wrote: »
    My one won't turn on but there is a small flashing red light in a port on the back. Has anyone elses done this? Shame I have barely used it.

That's the way mine went,its the PSU m8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

My psu went the other day. I got a replacement from a guy on adverts called TV boxes and accessories. He is based in Lucan. It cost me 13 euro posted but I found him great to deal with

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭adr_sullivan

My psu went the other day. I got a replacement from a guy on adverts called TV boxes and accessories. He is based in Lucan. It cost me 13 euro posted but I found him great to deal with

was the replacement psu you got 2a or 2.5a

I also have a failed psu, using a 2a one at the moment but would prefer to find a 2.5a one

found somewhere else that sells similar psu but paying €17 for the part and shipping just sounds too expensive
    http://cpcireland.farnell.com/stontronics/t6349st/ac-dc-power-supply-5v-2-5a-2-1mm/dp/PW04065

was the replacement psu you got 2a or 2.5a

I also have a failed psu, using a 2a one at the moment but would prefer to find a 2.5a one

found somewhere else that sells similar psu but paying €17 for the part and shipping just sounds too expensive
    http://cpcireland.farnell.com/stontronics/t6349st/ac-dc-power-supply-5v-2-5a-2-1mm/dp/PW04065

It was 2500. I mentioned to him that it was for the h96 pro plus and he had some in stock and sorted me out and it's worked perfectly.

It was 2500. I mentioned to him that it was for the h96 pro plus and he had some in stock and sorted me out and it's worked perfectly.

According to the adverts ad the one you got was only 2A,have you checked it yourself?

According to the adverts ad the one you got was only 2A,have you checked it yourself?

Yeah I checked it and he had sent 2500 rather than the 2A psu but I tried a 2A power supply from my friends box and it ran it no problem after the guy from adverts said a 2A psu would work.

That's the psu I got from adverts

• Advertisement

Yeah I checked it and he had sent 2500 rather than the 2A psu but I tried a 2A power supply from my friends box and it ran it no problem after the guy from adverts said a 2A psu would work.

That's the psu I got from adverts

Yeah 2A will work but would like a bit of redundancy so that one you got is grand ,must message him so :),

Thanks again m8

Yeah 2A will work but would like a but of redundancy so that one you got is grand ,must message him so :),

Thanks again m8

No problem mate,glad I could help. Hope you get sorted out soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Went for this reduced to £65 at the moment, no customs to worry about and fast delivery.

Thanks for the heads up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

My box (finally) arrived this week.

Great piece of kit. So much faster than my previous box. The difference is night and day.

And I avoided customs. Great bargain for €40.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

Tzardine wrote:
    My box (finally) arrived this week.

Can I ask when you ordered this? Just that I ordered mine on the 13th Oct or actually it was despatched on 13th so I was just trying to gauge when it will arrive. I ordered mine from Bang good but I paid €56.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Can I ask when you ordered this? Just that I ordered mine on the 13th Oct or actually it was despatched on 13th so I was just trying to gauge when it will arrive. I ordered mine from Bang good but I paid €56.

I ordered from Banggood too. Took 41 calendar days

• Advertisement

Tzardine wrote:
    I ordered from Banggood too. Took 41 calendar days

Crikey, I'll forget about it for a couple of weeks so. Thanks for reply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,615 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Crikey, I'll forget about it for a couple of weeks so. Thanks for reply.

Which will only add to the wait time :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Ordered from Amazon Tues. Out for delivery this morning (Thu). Worth it with the extra. My old box is driving me nuts with crashes at the moment.

vectra wrote: »
    Which will only add to the wait time :P

:D It arrived this morning !! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭colhickey

Another quick alternative - 7dayshop.com are doing a KM8 Pro Octa Core Android 6.0 Smart TV Box (based on the Amlogic S912 chip with 2GB ram and 16GB rom) for £53.60 + £2.99 shipping (via Royal Mail).

Have gotten a couple of these for family members and all delivered within a week, no additional charges, and all are working away perfectly.

• Advertisement

colhickey wrote: »
    Another quick alternative - 7dayshop.com are doing a KM8 Pro Octa Core Android 6.0 Smart TV Box (based on the Amlogic S912 chip with 2GB ram and 16GB rom) for £53.60 + £2.99 shipping (via Royal Mail).

Have gotten a couple of these for family members and all delivered within a week, no additional charges, and all are working away perfectly.

You should buy from Amazon, £48.99 delivered :-)
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B06XRQ422B/ref=mp_s_a_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1509055835&sr=8-1-fkmr0&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=km8+pro+tv+box

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭colhickey

That's a MarketPlace order from a Chinese seller (Tracffy) and the delivery to Ireland (European Zone 1) is £30 per shipment.

I suppose you could use ParcelMotel, but you should be aware it is not Amazon themselves you are buying from.

colhickey wrote: »
    That's a MarketPlace order from a Chinese seller (Tracffy) and the delivery to Ireland (European Zone 1) is £30 per shipment.

I suppose you could use ParcelMotel, but you should be aware it is not Amazon themselves you are buying from.

You're correct, my oversight.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Pivot Eoin

So BangGood is offering 25% off ALL Android TV boxes.

Use CODE: TBC1710.

You need to sign up for an account by linking your Google, or Facebook page etc. Or if you already have an account thats cool too.

So that takes the original TV Box in this thread down to €45 Delivered. Enjoy!

https://www.banggood.com/H96-Pro-Plus-Amlogic-S912-3GB-RAM-16GB-ROM-TV-Box-p-1117329.html?rmmds=collection&utmid=2252&p=7W24238151091201612I)

hkWCt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭davidom2513

Thats for the 16gb model

Still a great deal though

Cheers mate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭davidom2513

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,768 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Been meaning to get some of these types of boxes for the parents. Can anyone recommend via PM something with the basics that a 5 year old could run as all they need is Netflix, Sky Go (maybe) and some catch up channels.

Again, probably best via PM so as not to clog thread. I'll do some digging myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭oxygen

This is currently "Under Restocking" with a "Processing time:Expected on 9th November 2017"

Correct me if I'm wrong, but does this means its out of stock, and wont be back in stock till the 9th, and then delivery time after that?

looks like a great tv box though, thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭Mike1961

Sorry for cross-threading .. and copy&pasting someone else's post on another thread .. but this 2GB/16GB one on Tomtop €22.67 using code REYESDELCHOLLO24 looks like a bargain.

https://www.tomtop.com/p-v3264eu-16g.html

givecredit wrote: »
    The pink green problem is a common fault with Phillips and Sony TV's. Do you own one of these. Not usually a fault of box. Some boxes, MINix being one, usually build in a rgb workaround.

can i do anything about this with my 50hz sony bravia

• Advertisement

PenguinMan wrote: »
    There's a display setting you can change to fix this. I can't check exactly where it is, but from memory it's settings, display, resolution, other, and choose RGB10.

no option on my box for screen resolution from
    settings
    display

just generic settings such as
    brightness
    wallpaper
    sleep
    etc

seanin4711 wrote: »
    no option on my box for screen resolution from
    settings
    display

just generic settings such as
    brightness
    wallpaper
    sleep
    etc

Is there an option for other settings/droid settings in your Apps folder

No nothing besides very basic display settings as described

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Mike1961 wrote: »
    Sorry for cross-threading .. and copy&pasting someone else's post on another thread .. but this 2GB/16GB one on Tomtop €22.67 using code REYESDELCHOLLO24 looks like a bargain.

https://www.tomtop.com/p-v3264eu-16g.html

Cheers for this,just ordered one as my own box is starting to act up a bit.

Is there an option for other settings/droid settings in your Apps folder

sorted
    couldn't access display settings in nova launcher.
    on stock launcher brought it down from 60hz to 50hz and still got the odd green screen(tv is a 50hz sony bravia). but not as frequent.

went from 50hz to 25hz all 1080p,

whats the ideal set up for a 50hz bravia? 720p 50hz?
    surely i don't need to buy a 100hz tv!

thanks

sorted
    on stock launcher brought it down from 60hz to 50hz and still got the odd green screen(tv is a 50hz sony bravia). but not as frequent.

thanks

Not sure m8 tbh ,on stock firmware there is droid settings option in Apps folder,from there you can use the rgb fix m8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

sorted

thanks

Do you get the green screen in the launcher or inside an app? If it's inside an app (don't want to name any specific ones) there are Video settings where you can turn off Hardware Acceleration. This can stop the green screen appearing inside that particular app.

Anyone had a problem with the box randomly switching itself on?

My box kept switching on all day yesterday and when i woke this morning,it was on again. Abit freaky :eek:

stevire wrote: »
    Do you get the green screen in the launcher or inside an app? If it's inside an app (don't want to name any specific ones) there are Video settings where you can turn off Hardware Acceleration. This can stop the green screen appearing inside that particular app.

all the time home screen/movie etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

all the time home screen/movie etc

I had the same problem with a Philips TV and a different kodi box. There wasn't any setting that could be changed using the UI so I had to telnet or ssh onto the box and update some file. I can't remember which file but it was to do with RGB. The instructions are on the web somewhere. HTH.

Advertisement