Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Porting Number Problem

Options
  • 08-09-2017 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I got a new bill pay phone as part of my current bundle (Fibre, landline, Mobile) and requested to move my current Eir SIM only number to the new bill plan.

This was done on Aug 31st but both the Sim only (SIM with the number I wish to keep), plus sim with the new bill package are active. I have called into customer care and into the meteor shop and today the rep mentioned that the number has been moved, yet the original sim (with the number to be moved) is active and the temp sim and temp number active. So it seems to mean that I am being billed for 2 numbers currently. I'd really appreciate if you can please help?
    Many thanks
    Joe

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

samo wrote: »
    Hi there,

I got a new bill pay phone as part of my current bundle (Fibre, landline, Mobile) and requested to move my current Eir SIM only number to the new bill plan.

This was done on Aug 31st but both the Sim only (SIM with the number I wish to keep), plus sim with the new bill package are active. I have called into customer care and into the meteor shop and today the rep mentioned that the number has been moved, yet the original sim (with the number to be moved) is active and the temp sim and temp number active. So it seems to mean that I am being billed for 2 numbers currently. I'd really appreciate if you can please help?
    Many thanks
    Joe
    Hi samo, 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are having with ourselves. 

Feel free to PM me your account details and I'll look into this for you. 

Thanks 

Adam 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭samo

Thanks Adam .. PM sent

Thanks Adam .. PM sent
    Thanks. 

I'll come back to you soon through PM's.

Thanks 

Adam 

Hi Eir,

Also sent my direct Message but 3 weeks on this is STILL not resolved. I contacted customer care yesterday who assured me that a supervisor would deal with it immediately and port the number. Now the number I wanted to port has been completely cancelled. I cannot believe the complete mess that has been made and now after dealing with 6 different people the situation is even worse.

I asked to speak to a supervisor yesterday and was told they dont take calls, so I am at a total loss as to how to proceed  - except the only thing I can do is sumit written complaints to comreg and eir and hope someone somwhere with a bit of common sense reads it and manages to resolve the situation that I have explained 6 different times - now, it isnt complicated!!!!

Really annoyed customer here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

Hi Eir,

Also sent my direct Message but 3 weeks on this is STILL not resolved. I contacted customer care yesterday who assured me that a supervisor would deal with it immediately and port the number. Now the number I wanted to port has been completely cancelled. I cannot believe the complete mess that has been made and now after dealing with 6 different people the situation is even worse.

I asked to speak to a supervisor yesterday and was told they dont take calls, so I am at a total loss as to how to proceed  - except the only thing I can do is sumit written complaints to comreg and eir and hope someone somwhere with a bit of common sense reads it and manages to resolve the situation that I have explained 6 different times - now, it isnt complicated!!!!

Really annoyed customer here.
    Hi there samo

So sorry to hear about all this.

If you were promised a callback to confirm when this is sorted and you didn't receive on, I would suggest calling them directly to confirm this with them while on the call.  A supervisor don't have to call you back but an agent can request for a supervisor to take over the call (if one's available). 

Completely understand how frustrating this must be so if you feel like you want to log a formal complaint, just click here

Sinsere apologies for any inconvenience caused

-Kyle

• Advertisement

Hi Kyle 

As per the link provided, I submitted a complaint on Friday 29th via the Eir website and no response as of yet, though to give the benefit of the doubt, the automated response states 2 working days. Can you tell me in the case of lodging a complaint is the response usually via email or else will we be contacted by a complaint handler for a call and I expect if this doesnt happen today, then next recourse is to contact Comreg?

I have gone past the point of patience now to ring for an 11th time and spend between 30-40 mins constantly being put on hold to try resolve these problems.

thankyou

Hi Kyle 

As per the link provided, I submitted a complaint on Friday 29th via the Eir website and no response as of yet, though to give the benefit of the doubt, the automated response states 2 working days. Can you tell me in the case of lodging a complaint is the response usually via email or else will we be contacted by a complaint handler for a call and I expect if this doesnt happen today, then next recourse is to contact Comreg?

I have gone past the point of patience now to ring for an 11th time and spend between 30-40 mins constantly being put on hold to try resolve these problems.

thankyou
    Hi Samo,

You should receive a receipt of your complaint within 2 working days, however, it can take longer to receive a resolution to this. You will receive a response to your complaint through the same method that you've l9ogged it, for example, if you log a complaint by letter, you will receive a response by letter.

- Adam

Advertisement