Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cannonball

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭geotrig

god i hope the residents werent put out by the film screening the next night in the peoples park either :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

geotrig wrote: »
    god i hope the residents werent put out by the film screening the next night in the peoples park either

Because a film screening in a park and a couple of hundred cars revving engines for two hours is the same thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

zulutango wrote: »
    They're making a **** load of noise anyway. Residents weren't consulted about this. Poor form.
    It's seriously loud. There's loads of engines screaming at high revs, sirens going off, etc. Would you tolerate that after 8pm where you live?
    Anyway, we survived.

:pac::pac::pac:

Some nice cars at it. Kid's and dad's all had a great time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭geotrig

I came on the thread thinking there was going to be pics

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

The start off line was directly outside my front door, and I mean directly... not a single problem with it!
    Actually scared the bejesus out of me at first TBH! Was awesome to see the buzz around the place and some really impressive cars! Everyone was having a great time and it was all for charity... I'll gladly put up with a little noise for the sake of that! Besides, I live in a city center, you kinda have to expect events :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭goochy

terrible to think people might enjoy themselves and for free - save a donation to worthwhile cause.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Does zulu actually live on the street it was on?

Mc Love wrote: »
    Does zulu actually live on the street it was on?

Around the corner. About 50 yards from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Around the corner. About 50 yards from it.

So you don't even live on the same street..

:pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Exactly! So why would the authorities notify you if you don't live on the same street

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭hobie14

geotrig wrote: »
    I came on the thread thinking there was going to be pics

They must be somewhere because everyone on the side of the road had their phones pointing at some great looking cars .....

Mc Love wrote:
    Exactly! So why would the authorities notify you if you don't live on the same street

Are you for real? These cars were literally queued outside my front door with crowd control barriers, parking restrictions, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,274 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

My brother took his children into this, they loved it. It brought a nice vibe to the city on a wet dreary friday evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭goochy

but the noise !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

It's only right and proper ...

What are your views on young gentlemen wearing athletic clothing and perambulating on the streets of the town whilst not so much as even pretending to be frequenting a gymnasium?

Advertisement