Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storage units for house items storage approx 1yr.

Options
  • 08-09-2017 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all.

I am looking into moving some household items into storage for approximately a year maybe slightly longer.

Anyone know any places that are not going to cost a small mortgage or more to do so.

Area Dublin/Wicklow or surrounding areas.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 nathanq

Hi,

Try this www.cheapstorage.ie used there storage service for a while when i was emergating.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

nathanq wrote: »
    Hi,

Try this www.cheapstorage.ie used there storage service for a while when i was emergating.

Hi any idea on pricing??

I've looked at some and they are very expensive.

Not looking for huge space, basically very small house so 2 couches 2 and 1seater, table & chairs some boxes and few other bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 nathanq

Hi,

Try these:
    www.fingalselfstorage.ie
    www.elephant.ie
    www.ustoreit.ie
    And compare the prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Hellywelly

Hi.
    I'm renting a unit at the moment with Remedy Self Storage. Its 109 per mobth and would fit what you've described. My unit is in east wall road & was the cheapest I could find that wasn't miles out in an industrial estate. I'd highly recommend Remedy.
    Hope this helps!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Honestly- if you're looking at long term storage- and don't know how long you're likely to be looking at it- I'd seriously suggest getting rid of as much as possible- possibly via freecycle.org or similar.

It really is a pity we don't have a tradition of buying and selling second hand furniture etc here in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 smithv2

There is a mobile storage provider called StorageBox and another called mobilestorageservices

Both of these are options which cut out the need for a van etc to remove all your items

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭The Ging and I

Honestly- if you're looking at long term storage- and don't know how long you're likely to be looking at it- I'd seriously suggest getting rid of as much as possible- possibly via freecycle.org or similar.

+1 on that.

I also used remedy self storage and found it great.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 girflu

Allen Removals and Storage. They are very reasonable and helpful.

Advertisement