Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"Superfly", Usyk v Huck, Benavidez etc etc

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,729 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Chocalito lost every rd but I'd still watch every second of him in action. Beautiful fighter. He simply hadn't the power at 115 to really hurt a man that is clearly bigger. Fought very well in each rd..

Regarding Usyk's possible assault on the HW division. Am I missing something?

This is not real deal Holyfield stuff from the late 1980s

Usyk would get crushed by talented HWs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Eyes Down Field

walshb wrote: »
    Chocalito lost every rd but I'd still watch every second of him in action. Beautiful fighter. He simply hadn't the power at 115 to really hurt a man that is clearly bigger. Fought very well in each rd..

Chocalito? We know you don't know sh1t about boxing but at least get the man's nickname right Chocolatito

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Chocalito? We know you don't know sh1t about boxing but at least get the man's nickname right Chocolatito

Apart from what's most likely an autocorrect typo there's feck all wrong with that post of walshb's.

Btw Aren't you one of these "experts" that joined for the build up for McGregor Mayweather fight...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Regarding Usyk's possible assault on the HW division. Am I missing something?

This is not real deal Holyfield stuff from the late 1980s

Usyk would get crushed by talented HWs!

There's the issue, most of us don't think there are any talented heavyweights. I still don't think Usyk could move up and beat Joshua or Wilder though (not that I'd claim either are any good), but mainly as Usyk has absolute no power at CW level never mind moving up and hoping to have power. Gassiev is the guy in that division who has the best chance of success at HW imo. Has the power and ability to fight against anyone there imo, and is young with the frame to put on weight.

By talented I was more trying to mean big and strong and somewhat capable. Bigger heavier hitting men that Usyk could not dent or push around, and he would simply be in survive mode hoping to avoid getting whacked hard. The HW division has some!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Eyes Down Field

I'm sure there are some HW that Usyk could beat. But not Joshua or Wilder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I'm sure there are some HW that Usyk could beat. But not Joshua or Wilder.

Course, I think he beats the likes of Bellew and Haye easy for example, and even then I think he'd give Joshua and Wilder a far better fight than some of the bums they're fighting, but any one with any decent power at HW would take Usyk. He isn't hurting them so they won't be discouraged from throwing against him. If Usyk had more power, I think he could easily move up with his frame, but when he struggles to put guys away at CW, he's not going to do anything at HW. Gassiev is your shot there, similar height and build as Usyk even though not as straight up ripped, but has far more power in his hands

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Sweet Science

Frampton had it right . A 4 weight world champ who got to 46-0 with 38 KOs . If thats not a great ...

• Advertisement
Advertisement