Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Close Current Account

Options
  • 08-09-2017 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi,

I'm closing my current account, but I also have a banking 365 12 month fixed term Account.

Do I need to provide a new transfer account for the 365 12 month fixed term for the funds to be transferred to after the term ends.

Or can I close the 12 month fixed term account first before I close my current account.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jane

Hi,

I'm closing my current account, but I also have a banking 365 12 month fixed term Account.

Do I need to provide a new transfer account for the 365 12 month fixed term for the funds to be transferred to after the term ends.

Or can I close the 12 month fixed term account first before I close my current account.

Thanks.
    Hi Carrick1974,

Thanks for your post here on Boards.

I will look into this further if you can bear with me. I'll be back in touch on Monday with more information.

Please let me know if I can help with anything else in the meantime.

Thanks again,
    Jane. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jane

Hi,

Thanks.
    Hi Carrick1974,

Thanks for your post here on Boards.

I will look into this further if you can bear with me. I'll be back in touch on Monday with more information.

Please let me know if I can help with anything else in the meantime.

Thanks again,
    Jane. 
    Hi Carrick1974,

Thanks for your patience.

I have checked this for you and can tell you, when you have a 365 12 month fixed term account and it matures, it is automatically closed and the funds are transferred into your current account.

If you close the current account, the funds will be transferred into a suspense account in the branch and they'll help you retrieve the funds.
    You cant nominate an account in another bank for this.

If you wish to close the term deposit account, you may speak to your account holding branch and request this

Hope this helps.

Please let us know if we can help with anything else.

Thanks again,
    Jane.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Carrick1974

Hi Carrick1974,

Thanks for your patience.

I have checked this for you and can tell you, when you have a 365 12 month fixed term account and it matures, it is automatically closed and the funds are transferred into your current account.

If you close the current account, the funds will be transferred into a suspense account in the branch and they'll help you retrieve the funds.
    You cant nominate an account in another bank for this.

If you wish to close the term deposit account, you may speak to your account holding branch and request this

Hope this helps.

Please let us know if we can help with anything else.

Thanks again,
    Jane.

Thanks Jane.

Advertisement