Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying House pipes overhanging.

Options
  • 08-09-2017 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Nearing sale agreed on a property however i had a quick query regarding the boarder wall and pipe for the gutter. The neighbour has an extension but the gutter seems a bit all over the place. It appears between both the house we like and the neighbours house. But then filters into the neighbours garden?. At some point we plan on building an extension.

The wall that the pipes appear out of seem to belong the house we want to buy. The neighbours exstension seems to go right up the boarder.

My question is, if i bought the house, would I be within my rights to remove those pipes that extend into my potential future property.

Really appreciate peoples input on this.

https://imgur.com/a/VYrt6

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

the top pipe in the middle of the photo looks like an outflow pipe,
    eg if the sink or bath is filled up the water goes into this pipe .
    you could ask the neighbour to change it so it goes around to the left
    into the main drain pipe .
    the one thats on his property to the left of the image.
    A neighbour generally has no right to have pipes overhanging a neighbours garden by 2 or 3 feet or to discharging water onto his neighbours garden.

Advertisement