Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rabbit meat?

Options
  • 08-09-2017 11:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone. Does anyone know where you can get Rabbit meat in Galway?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Mod note:I've moved this into the Galway City forum, you're much more likely to get replies in here since the posters in the Food forum are scattered around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Saw them in butchers beside Dunnes in Westside some years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Joyce's in Knocknacarra used to sell rabbit every now and again. Only go there very occasionally now, so don't know if they still do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Hey everyone. Does anyone know where you can get Rabbit meat in Galway?
    Mcgrath's butchers in Mervue Sc will order that for you.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Eyes Down Field

Thanks for the replies guys. I will try out a few butchers, maybe get it ordered in. I wonder why butchers don't stock game meats?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Ludikrus

Because enough people don't buy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Eyes Down Field

Ludikrus wrote: »
    Because enough people don't buy it.

Maybe they would if it was more available

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Maybe they would if it was more available

Or maybe they'd end up throwing it out

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Caribs

Last time I got rabbit ordered in they ended up being imported from France which I thought was incredible. Got some recently in the english market in Cork which were locally shot. Haven't seen any advertised around Galway but if you find any that do please post as I love rabbit meat.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭chasmcb

I have seen rabbit in Joyce's fairly regularly. There is a company based in Wicklow, (website: wildirishgame.ie) that stock a good range of Irish game though I don't know if they distribute to individual customers countrywide. Their website lists a couple of stockists in Mayo.

• Advertisement
Advertisement