Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best car insurance company for learner?

Options
  • 08-09-2017 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi , to cut it short, I have a 17 Year old son who wants to learn to drive , does anyone know which company is the cheapest for me to switch to so I can put him on my policy , I've had quotes of over additional €2000 which is wayy too much . I drive a Vw Passat 1.6 2009

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭KayeQ

Hi , to cut it short, I have a 17 Year old son who wants to learn to drive , does anyone know which company is the cheapest for me to switch to so I can put him on my policy , I've had quotes of over additional €2000 which is wayy too much . I drive a Vw Passat 1.6 2009

Hi, my husband put me under his policy as a named driver and it only cost him a little over €200 for 6 months(he's with 123.ie). FYI I'm 39 though and that brought the insurance price down. I think Aviva is doing a deal for young learner drivers for lessons and insurance.
    http://www.aviva.ie/driving-school/pricesandbooking/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Have you tried a broker such as Hooper Dolan? My mam used them for two different insurance companies and it was the best price both times. I was named on her policy last year which worked out at €100/month. I want to say it was either Liberty or 123.

My latest quote with Liberty went from €3,500-4,000 down to €1,400 with my mam as a named driver, something I only found out through a broker.

AXA didn't want to insure me without a year driving experience, the funny thing is I'm driving on an open policy with AXA and they also rave about how they cover learner drivers so I'm sticking to brokers myself...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Ring every one of them.

Advertisement