Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 4 - Matchday Thread

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

34 from Kane and Eriksen, great game.

Unfortunately only 7 points from the other 7 players...tough week defensively, and the Liverpool lads got their first speed bump of the season

Mooy and Little Pea to come on Monday, already planning for next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

km79 wrote: »
    41 after bonus with mee naughton mooy and captain chicharito to go
    I've already made a bit of progress with that and a lot of team only have 1 or 2 left
    Chicharito is key now

Wondering what you going to do with your (our) defence?

Mee probably going to drop in price but nailed on and has a few more good fixtures every 2nd week.

Yoshida dropped - maybe after 2-0 loss he might have a chance of getting back in, I was surprised it was him and not Stephens that got dropped this week.

Hegazi subbed off early and looking like his place probably will be under serious threat next week. We'll obviously want to bank the 0.2 we've made before any potential drop a the Friday game might help with less times for drops this week.

I've Naughton too and 4.0 who doesn't play so under pressure juggling this lot with Mane to get rid of too. What's your thinking?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Yoshida dropped - maybe after 2-0 loss he might have a chance of getting back in, I was surprised it was him and not Stephens that got dropped this week.

Im wondering if it was because Yoshida was flying around Asia and might have come back a bit jaded? I reckoned he was more nailed on than Stephens myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Banked the hit this week... Nyom in for Ake was my FT.

Heaton

Bavies Nyom Lowe Yoshida

Pogba KDB Mooy

Kane Firmino Lukaku (C)

Elliot Walters Carroll Long

Expecting my defence to outscore my attack

Better than expected I have to say....KDB finally coming to life, Big Rom not blanking and Bavies and Kane with decent hauls.

On 56 so far with Heaton, Lowe, Mooy and one of Walters/Carroll to sub in for Yoshida

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

30 from 7. Bad day for the parish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Mokuba wrote: »

In KM's defence, he looked like he had won a competition to play in the Premier League in the first 3 games. He was utter turd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

39 with Mee and Brady.

Kun to morata didn't work out. Feel a bit more comfortable in terms of security of starts there though.

Southampton and fukking milner need to go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

31 with Naughton, Mee and Mounie to go. Tadic, Willian and Yoshida dropped, red card for Mane.... think it's time to hit the wildcard thread perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

KevIRL wrote:
    39 with Mee and Brady.

KevIRL wrote:
    Kun to morata didn't work out. Feel a bit more comfortable in terms of security of starts there though.

KevIRL wrote:
    Southampton and fukking milner need to go

Use your WC?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭zzfh

72 with hernandez and cork to go.

41 and a slight green arrow.

Baring in mind I had Sanchez (C), along with Jones, Bertrand, Foster, Salah and Firmino who blanked, I'll take that and run a mile.

Brady and Chicharito to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

41 after bonus with mee naughton mooy and captain chicharito to go
    I've already made a bit of progress with that and a lot of team only have 1 or 2 left
    Chicharito is key now

Wondering what you going to do with your (our) defence?

Mee probably going to drop in price but nailed on and has a few more good fixtures every 2nd week.

Hegazi subbed off early and looking like his place probably will be under serious threat next week. We'll obviously want to bank the 0.2 we've made before any potential drop a the Friday game might help with less times for drops this week.

I've Naughton too and 4.0 who doesn't play so under pressure juggling this lot with Mane to get rid of too. What's your thinking?
    :D
    Getting bavies in after champ league game
    I'm going to watch prices but I'm more inclined to get rid of hegazi first
    I think his race is run
    Yoshida had a lot of travel miles and they conceded 2 so I'm hoping I'll squeeze one more week out of him
    I'll keep mee
    Don't really mind if he drops I'll keep him until I WC and maybe even in that as part of a 3 way rotation with naughton and yedlin

Foster has been very poor the last couple of weeks.

Howler with Hegazi last week, bailed out from a horrific mistake today by an offside flag, should have saved Brighton's second, and beaten at his near post of their third.

Paully D wrote: »
    Foster has been very poor the last couple of weeks.

Howler with Hegazi last week, bailed out from a horrific mistake today by an offside flag, should have saved Brighton's second, and beaten at his near post of their third.

For the last couple of years
    When fit that is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Big green arrow from 2.6m to 2.5m. Happy with that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

41 with Mounie and Ritchie to go. Not awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

30 with naughton , Carroll and chicarito captain to go. Could do with a chicarato goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

62 for GR of 182k, OR 76k.
    Captain Kane, Davies, Jesus and Lukaku the contributors.
    Mooy and Mee to go.

Have 2FT, which is handy as I'll need to get rid of Mane, and I also have JWP who I need to move out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

manual_man wrote: »
    Tough one, but I'd go Mee just because Trips is under a bit of pressure from Aurier
    I don't thank you for that :p.

Ah well, if I asked the question that's 'cause I had no feckin' idea what to do. And I should have done nothing!!! Sold Aguero for Chicha. Fail. Kept Willian. Fail. Benched Trippier. Fail. Sold Salah last GW. Fail...

I think, for future seasons, I should apply the simple rule of trusting my GW1 team! That's several seasons now where I destroy my initial team by not being patient enough.

Crap GW to come with 34 pts so far and 3 to go. But all my adjustmenst to readjust :rolleyes:...

I'd be sick if I owned Alli having seen the highlights
    And I'd be sick if I was an Everton fan and seen Martina starting again
    Woeful is being kind to him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

50pts. Fab and Chi(c)harito left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

49 With Brady to go

up to 88K

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

88k.

Werent you gonna pack it all a couple of weeks ago (or am I mixing you up with someone else?)

Edit. Sorry, different guy

88k.

Werent you gonna pack it all a couple of weeks ago (or am I mixing you up with someone else?)

Edit. Sorry, different guy

You would want a better appetite for competition than to be chucking in the towel after one week if you want to do well at this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

31 with just Ritchie to go. Captained Firmino and it all went downhill from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭remoteboy

56 with Mee and Mooy to go. Up to 11k. Hoping Chicharito has a quiet one. Seems to be a popular choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

24 with 3 to play and on wildcard of which I had Davies and Eriksen in all week until I changed all to get captain Alexis in this morning. At 3.3m despite all the hours I put in to this game.
    Seriously disappointed thinking of taking a break and spending my free time reading a book or doing something constructive with my life. Good luck all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

50 so far,not bad considering Hegazi and Yoshida didn't play.Still have Loftus Cheek and Long (from my bench) to play.
    Keeping faith in Kane and not doing a tempting switch from Sane to Silva paid off.

zerks wrote: »
    50 so far,not bad considering Hegazi and Yoshida didn't play.Still have Loftus Cheek and Long (from my bench) to play.
    Keeping faith in Kane and not doing a tempting switch from Sane to Silva paid off.
    Hegazi did play
    Just not very well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Hegazi did play
    Just not very well!

Lol,I saw reports of him being dropped, checked my team and he had zero so didn't even check if he played.Assumed he didn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Looking at this thread, this GW (so far) has not been the total disaster I thought it might have been.

35 points with Fabianski and Captain Chicharito to play.

Have though, however dropped to 400k odd place in the Mid GW standings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Looking at this thread, this GW (so far) has not been the total disaster I thought it might have been.

35 points with Fabianski and Captain Chicharito to play.

Have though, however dropped to 400k odd place in the Mid GW standings.

I'm in a similar situation. 34 points with Mee, Fosu Mensah, Cork and Chicharito to play. 400k drop.

A week where there's been a bit of a shuffling of the pack but where the leaders haven't made much ground.

Just a defender in each game today mee and naughton so will be tough viewing !
    A Burnley clean sheet would see more gains than a swans one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

remoteboy wrote: »
    56 with Mee and Mooy to go. Up to 11k.

Oh Mee oh Mooy. Nice rank

PVA dropped

38 with 3 to go. Alot riding on Cheech captain MNF. Fabianski and Mee today also

RLC not in squad

RLC not in squad

The cheek of FDB

PVA dropped

He might get back in under the new manager next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

CRY: Hennessey, Ward, Dann, Fosu-Mensah, Schlupp, Puncheon, Cabaye, McArthur, Lee, Townsend, Benteke

BURNLEY: Heaton, Lowton, Tarkowski, Mee, Ward, Gudmundsson, Cork, Defour, Brady, Vokes, Wood

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,282 ✭✭✭COH

No PVA :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

manual_man wrote: »
    The cheek of RDB

Frank de Boer you mean.

Ronald works for Ajax still.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Frank de Boer you mean.

Ronald works for Ajax still.

Edited!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Fall of 600k yesterday. My biggest single drop ever.

COH wrote: »
    No PVA :mad:

Every year he falls in price within first 3 gameweeks cos half the forum buy him in then sell :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Wood!!!! :)

No assist

Scott dann almost scored
    This would have annoyed me !
    More goals in this sadly !

Benteke great chance

Vokes chance
    Good game
    Too good!

Wood almost in again
    Palace are appalling at the back
    One pass is cutting them open

Brady almost set Vokes clear on goal only for the ball bounced back off Vokes' ankle.

Close.

• Advertisement
Advertisement