Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I transfer CIT to UCC after third level?

Options
  • 09-09-2017 1:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi guys.
    I was wondering. When I am done my three years level 7 business administration course in CIT. I have an option to progress my education further to a level 8 if my grades are acceptable.

If my grades and performances are excellent would I be able to transfer to ucc for BIS course or possibly finance?
    I want to get a masters in finance. But I really rather get a degree from ucc first.

Also will my leaving cert results come into play? Because they are horrendous

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Zooouma

The ucc website seats they accept 2.1 in a business course, they usually only accept honours degree unless you've professional experience. So you could carry on.
    Would transferring to business studies course in CIT be the better option?

I don't think you could go str8 into 4th or 3rd year of BIS as you would have done very little modules after you've got a lvl7 degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Therepeat98

Zooouma wrote: »
    The ucc website seats they accept 2.1 in a business course, they usually only accept honours degree unless you've professional experience. So you could carry on.
    Would transferring to business studies course in CIT be the better option?

I don't think you could go str8 into 4th or 3rd year of BIS as you would have done very little modules after you've got a lvl7 degree.

Reply: in third year we have work experience.
    The quality of the companies we will get work experience from depends on our grades.

Does that play a factor?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Zooouma

Having a big company could but would depend on course requirements.

I remember hearing 3rd year grades are very important for placment. I don't believe grades play into this as interviews will be held in September/October & exams are in December and grades aren't released til end of January will likely know b4 Christmas if you've gotten placement unless company says u have to reach xx%

Advertisement