Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homeless in Cork

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭mire

mikeecho wrote: »
    Years of cuts... these people have no interest in working, just take take take.

How did years of cuts in ireland end up causing an irish man in Australia to commit sexual crimes.
    I've suffered as a result of the cuts and tax hikes, but I haven't gone out to commit crime, and be a burden on the state.

Let's blame anyone and anything except the actual perpetrator.

Why should my taxes pay for addicts.

As I've said... no loss.

Sorry for offending the snow flakes.

Yes, your taxes should pay for addicts. Why not?

Sorry mate, when you pay taxes, you allow the government decide where to spend money. They are the rules. That might from time to time mean that it ends up supporting some social cause that you disagree with. I might not like the fact that my taxes may have contributed to a €300,000 payoff for the boss of Irish water, But that is the way it is.

Get over it, it's how democracies work.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,312 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

So, mikeecho, how would you solve the homeless problem?
    I assume that you would like to see less people living on the streets, less drug addicts, less begging, less crime?
    As you don't want your tax money going to support, educate, treat or try to rehabilitate homeless people or addicts what is your solution?
    Execute them?
    Do enlighten us as to how you might lessen these problems? And remember, locking them up is expensive.

No answer there, maybe we'll get a 'hurr durr my tax moneys'. Maybe he'd prefer to step over frozen bodies on the street?

If you don't provide supports for people who fall though the net, don't be surprised when your house gets ransacked. Maybe if there was more money put in at the front end when these people were schoolkids and supports along the way maybe we wouldn't have so many addicts?

Loads of kids staying in the euphemistically titled 'family hubs', we're storing up a whole load of trouble if we stay that course and people just don't see that coming or maybe they would prefer to ignore it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,033 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I guess Mike doesn't want to engage as we are all bleeding heart liberal, offended snowflakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭goochy

There are some decent people like him there but as said alot are trouble makers who have fallen out with everyone around them and take responsability for nothing in life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

As someone with experience of it, what do you think should/could be done?

I would gladly become part of a group who could offer proposals on the best way to remedy this ever growing problem.

I commend the fantastic work being done by SVDP.

There was all sorts of stuff being found in the toilets/showers there.

If anyone is looking in here i'd be more than willing to offer assistance so feel free to drop me a PM.

• Advertisement
Advertisement