Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Safe Space

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

Billy86 wrote: »
    What's funny is safe spaces exist everywhere and have for a good long while. Go on to any sport teams' thread here or forum on another website and talk them down a lot, and you'll get banned. Go on The_Donald subreddit where 'free speech' is a huge talking point and say anything critical, and you'll get banned. Go on a mental health forum and dismiss mental health issues left, right and centre and you'll likely get banned.

Interesting quick history on safe spaces - which actually began in of all places, 1940s corporate America: https://mindhacks.com/2015/11/12/the-real-history-of-the-safe-space/

Do any of those forums supply counselling, puppies and colouring books?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Do any of those forums supply counselling, puppies and colouring books?

Not that I know of, but they certainly do supply a safe space. Did you read the link?

Not that I know of, but they certainly do supply a safe space. Did you read the link?

I've read links from you before. And they all denied reality.

Did it ever occur to you that maybe you live in an echo chamber?

I've read links from you before. And they all denied reality.

Did it ever occur to you that maybe you live in an echo chamber?
    Figured you hadn't, so I'm not surprised by your initial response. Christ only knows what you think the link would detail but not really bothered either since you predictably don't appear that interested in facts or informing yourself of anything beyond your own biases as you're proudly displaying right now.

Figured you hadn't, so I'm not surprised by your initial response. Christ only knows what you think the link would detail but not really bothered either since you predictably don't appear that interested in facts or informing yourself of anything beyond your own biases as you're proudly displaying right now.

You're as biased as me Billy only on different sides

Remember laughing at me when I said Trump was going to win. Listening to truck drivers saying all they could see were vote for Trump signs for miles and miles.

You said look at cnn for the true predictions. Who is laughing now?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 137 ✭✭Bebopclown

What happens if you're attacked by a serial killer or something? No safe space!

Remember laughing at me when I said Trump was going to win. Listening to truck drivers saying all they could see were vote for Trump signs for miles and miles.

You said look at cnn for the true predictions. Who is laughing now?
    Oh dear it looks like I've gone and 'triggered' someone by mistake! :pac:

I've got no puppies to give you sadly, but you sound emotional. You should get some sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

I'm shocked. :eek:

I'm not.Antifa confront fascists so considering Shapiro isn't one they wouldnt be there.

Watched his talk is that what is considered intellectual by conservatives?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 TheZenMonkey

20Cent wrote: »
    Easy to say if you are not the group being attacked.

Right. There are legitimate inequities in society; it's nice to think we can just imagine them away but that's not how it works. When I'm denied access somewhere because of my disability the answer isn't to change my mindset until I'm okay with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭The Legend Of Kira

Last week Antifa & others labeled/called ( Ben Shapiro ) who is a Jewish guy a nazi / white supremacist etc , this past weekend in Australia Antifa types called another Jewish guy ( Avi Yemini ) a nazi, you d have to wonder if these people actually know what a nazi is, given as they like to call Jewish people nazis nowadays .
    http://www.9news.com.au/national/2017/09/17/23/01/jewish-organiser-of-melbourne-hard-right-rally-disgusted-over-nazi-label

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,183 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

I carry my own Safe Space around with me. If you try to get inside it and offend me with your crude line of talk and wanton, rampant opinions about things and stuff, I'll break your fuckin' face with my elbow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,525 ✭✭✭valoren

My safe 'space' is the reach of my jab mutha****a! *mmpf* *mmpf* :pac:

A University is there to challenge students. A University that encourages safe spaces is not a challenging environment and any education gained therein is basically a complete waste of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,183 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

valoren wrote: »
    My safe 'space' is the reach of my jab mutha****a! *mmpf* *mmpf* :pac:

A University is there to challenge students. A University that encourages safe spaces is not a challenging environment and any education gained therein is basically a complete waste of time.

Yes. This is why the current crop of American third-level graduates are all unemployable, useless bloody looney-tunes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

jimgoose wrote: »
    Yes. This is why the current crop of American third-level graduates are all unemployable, useless bloody looney-tunes.

That's the main thing that always pops into mind with these safe space types, how on earth they will deal with any sort of pressure in the real world.

Having to work with these folks must be like having a ticking time bomb just waiting to go off :confused:

• Advertisement

Interestingly millennials tend to work longer hours for less money than their predecessors, are more likely to work a second job, are more likely to take pride in being a workaholic, and are less likely to take their full holiday time. Seems like the kind of employee most companies would want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

My wife makes me head out to the safe space every now and then. Usually after a feed of pints.

Advertisement