Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Touch ID my eir app

Options
  • 09-09-2017 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi, I was just wondering is there a "remember me" or a Touch ID login service on the my eir app? 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭dave98

There doesn't appear to be. And, you can't switch between accounts without killing the app first. When I log in it shows my mobile and house phones. If I select mobile, I can't go back to house package. App needs work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Hi, I was just wondering is there a "remember me" or a Touch ID login service on the my eir app? 
    Hi all, 

I'm afraid this service is not available as of yet. 

We are continuously working on approving this service to make sure our customers get the best service possible. I'll be sure to pass this feedback on for you. 

Thanks 

Adam 

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

Sorry to drag a somewhat old thread up but I came across this from searching. I was looking through the release notes for this app on iOS and there was reference to Touch ID being added last year, and when I found this thread there was an ad on screen for the My Eir app that even states it has 'fingerprint login' (see attached screenshots)

The functionality has already been available, not as you have stated. So why was this functionality removed from the app?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

dave oc wrote: »
    Sorry to drag a somewhat old thread up but I came across this from searching. I was looking through the release notes for this app on iOS and there was reference to Touch ID being added last year, and when I found this thread there was an ad on screen for the My Eir app that even states it has 'fingerprint login' (see attached screenshots)

The functionality has already been available, not as you have stated. So why was this functionality removed from the app?
    Hi dave oc,

Apologies for the delay here. Just to let you know, I am looking into this for you and I'll be back in touch as soon as I have more information for you.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Sam Duffy

it seems as though its back according to the latest update notes in the App Store but I can't see it within the app 

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

dave98 wrote: »
    There doesn't appear to be. And, you can't switch between accounts without killing the app first. When I log in it shows my mobile and house phones. If I select mobile, I can't go back to house package.  App needs work
    dave oc wrote: »

Sam Duffy wrote: »
    it seems as though its back according to the latest update notes in the App Store but I can't see it within the app 
    Hi all

We have launched our all new my eir app fingerprint / touch ID & Face ID log on service. The my eir app is the handy way to manage your account on the go, with great features such, check your balance, track your usage, make a payment and manage your account all from your smartphone.  For more information click here

Many thanks

Linzi

yes it has launched it works very well. 

yes it has launched it works very well. 
    Hi Sam Duffy

That's great 

Linzi

thanks 

thanks 
    Your're welcome

• Advertisement

can you please tell me if visual voicemail is in the pipeline for eir. I understand they are hoping to launch 4g calling soon but any word on VV

thanks 

can you please tell me if visual voicemail is in the pipeline for eir. I understand they are hoping to launch 4g calling soon but any word on VV

thanks 
    Hi Sam Duffy

Unfortunately at present we do not offer this service. There are no plans for this just yet. However we are always aiming to improve our services.

Thanks

Linzi 

eir: Linzi wrote: »

thanks 
    Hi Sam Duffy

Unfortunately at present we do not offer this service. There are no plans for this just yet. However we are always aiming to improve our services.

Thanks

Linzi 
    thanks do you know when VOLTE (voice over lte/4g calling) will come out 

thanks 
    Hi Sam Duffy

Thanks

Linzi 
    thanks do you know when VOLTE (voice over lte/4g calling) will come out 
    Hi Sam Duffy

We don't have a date at the moment. When we do have more information regarding this, it will be posted on our website.

Many thanks

Linzi

thanks. can you tell me if they plan to expand Wifi Calling over iCloud so our iPads, Macs and watches can use it too essentially our phone acts like a hotspot for our other devices to use Wifi Calling from. please see the article below 

https://support.apple.com/en-ie/HT203032

Thanks very much 

Sam

thanks. can you tell me if they plan to expand Wifi Calling over iCloud so our iPads, Macs and watches can use it too essentially our phone acts like a hotspot for our other devices to use Wifi Calling from. please see the article below 

https://support.apple.com/en-ie/HT203032

Thanks very much 

Sam
    Hi Sam

Here are a list of apple devices that work at present with Wifi Calling.  We have no information at present about when it will include iCloud for ipad/mac/watches.

Apple iPhone 5C and above including iPhone SE (5, 5C, 5S, 6, 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus, 7, 7 Plus, 8, Xr, Xs, Xs Plus)

Many thanks

Linzi

thanks. do you know if the my eir app will be optimised for the iPhone X screen at the moment its not fully optimised but it still works great 

Also when will the 4g+ be fully rolled out 

Thanks 

Sam

thanks. do you know if the my eir app will be optimised for the iPhone X screen at the moment its not fully optimised but it still works great 

Also when will the 4g+ be fully rolled out 

Thanks 

Sam
    Hi Sam 

We are pleased to announce that work has commenced on the transformation of eir’s mobile network. Over the next two years eir will invest more than €150m to upgrade every mobile site with the latest technology. This upgrade will deliver increased data speeds for our customers, improved call quality and reliability as well preparing the network to deliver the first 5G services.
    At the end of this programme 99% of the country will have access to high-speed 4G data and voice services. The eir apps are in the process of being updated as well but I don't have any information on completion dates.

Many thanks

Linzi

Hi Sam 

We are pleased to announce that work has commenced on the transformation of eir’s mobile network. Over the next two years eir will invest more than €150m to upgrade every mobile site with the latest technology. This upgrade will deliver increased data speeds for our customers, improved call quality and reliability as well preparing the network to deliver the first 5G services.
    At the end of this programme 99% of the country will have access to high-speed 4G data and voice services. The eir apps are in the process of being updated as well but I don't have any information on completion dates.

Many thanks

Linzi

Thanks very much can u tell me when the 4g updates will arrive please. Thanks

Hi Sam 

At the end of this programme 99% of the country will have access to high-speed 4G data and voice services.  The eir apps are in the process of being updated as well but I don't have any information on completion dates.

Many thanks

Linzi

can you also please tell me if anymore updates will be coming to the my eir app. it works very well at the moment in my view. only thing would be to make the app fit the full screen size of the iPhone X and above at the moment there is gaps above and below the app its quite annoying but now that face and Touch ID login is here it works great and the the wifi calling is great and I'm looking forward to VOLTE and other new technologies coming. I think your 1905 number and the long hold is beyond atrocious but otherwise I am very happy with eir's network. 

Thanks 

• Advertisement

Hi Sam 

At the end of this programme 99% of the country will have access to high-speed 4G data and voice services.  The eir apps are in the process of being updated as well but I don't have any information on completion dates.

Many thanks

Linzi

can you also please tell me if anymore updates will be coming to the my eir app. it works very well at the moment in my view. only thing would be to make the app fit the full screen size of the iPhone X and above at the moment there is gaps above and below the app its quite annoying but now that face and Touch ID login is here it works great and the the wifi calling is great and I'm looking forward to VOLTE and other new technologies coming. I think your 1905 number and the long hold is beyond atrocious but otherwise I am very happy with eir's network. 

Thanks 
    Hi Sam

I am pleased to see you are happy with eir's products and services.  As you know we are aware of the longer than normal call waiting times and we are improving this week by week.  As for the myeir App this is in the process of being updated but we don't have a release date, as yet.  Keep checking the eir site here for updates.

Many thanks

~Linzi

thanks. can you tell me what the next update will bring and if the screen size will be updated to fit the screen of the iPhone X/xr/xs/xs max. thanks

thanks. can you tell me what the next update will bring and if the screen size will be updated to fit the screen of the iPhone X/xr/xs/xs max. thanks
    Hi Sam Duffy

I don't have access to that information sorry. 

Regards

Linzi

Thats ok is visual voicemail in the works please. Thanks 

Thats ok is visual voicemail in the works please. Thanks 
    Hi Sam Duffy

We have no information on this as yet. 

Thanks

Linzi

thanks. 

will the my eir be optimised for iPhone X devices so it fits the full screen thanks 

will the my eir be optimised for iPhone X devices so it fits the full screen thanks 
    Hi Sam Duffy

As already stated previously, I don't have access to that information sorry. 

Regards

Linzi

thanks 

• Advertisement

thanks 
    No problem Sam Duffy

Advertisement