Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GP Test Still Negative at 5 weeks

Options
  • 09-09-2017 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭

Pregnancy confirmed in hospital via HCG bloods. Also confirmed on numerous HPT'S.

With a history of miscarriage I am still extremely worried and hoping to hear from others who had negative GP tests at 5 weeks and went on to have a successful pregnancy.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

I can't reassure you on that front Isolt but do the hospital at least have you booked for a scan in their early pregnancy unit soon?I know the fear, as I have had bleeds early on in previous pregnancies.It's horrible

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭TrishaK

I was getting negative tests in the GP up to 7.5 weeks. Had to have it confirmed by blood test.

Everything was fine. My GP said it was probably the cheap brand tests they used

Hope all goes well for you

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Isolt

I am so relieved to hear that TrishaK. Gives me hope.
    The GP did say that the HSE tests are dirt but with my history I can't stop overthinking everything. My boobs were SO sore yesterday, like walking my baby to creche felt like my chest was on fire. And I was delighted!! Now nothing today. I know that it's totally normal but that paired with the GP's negative test had me thinking it's all over again.

I have a scan in EPU on the 19th.

I know what you mean about history I've had 3 1st trimester miscarriages and lost my last as I went into labour at 20 weeks. Had to deliver her and got to hold her but it wasn't meant to be.

Still waiting for my take home baby.

TrishaK wrote: »
    I know what you mean about history I've had 3 1st trimester miscarriages and lost my last as I went into labour at 20 weeks. Had to deliver her and got to hold her but it meant to be.

Still waiting for my take home baby.

Oh Trisha I am so sorry :( Crossing everything for you for a happy ending. You poor thing.

• Advertisement

It'll happen when it's supposed too....

In the meantime don't be stressing yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

My gp didn't even bother doing a test when I told her I had done a successful test at home as she said the tests they have are crap!

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Same here, both times my GP didn't test me, even though I brought pee samples with me. Basically they said if I'd had several positive home pregnancy tests, then that was good enough for them.

I've just had some bloody mucous when I went to the toilet. So between that and the GP test I am not feeling too hopeful anymore :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Oh Isolt :-( my heart goes out to you, I know the horror of seeing that blood.Are you going to go to the hospital?Maybe you should, just in case.I know there mightn't be much they can do, but at least make sure there's nothing else going on.

• Advertisement

I'm going to leave it for tonight and see does it happen again. I've never had any pink or bloody mucous before in any pregnancy, even the ones I miscarried. I'll keep an eye for tonight and see tomorrow.
    The EPU closes at the weekend here anyway and maternity won't see you unless it's 'an emergency'.

Advertisement