Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 5 Transfer Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Any of the Liverpool fans reckon Salah/Firmino will be rested at the weekend?

No. Carabao cup next week so they will be rested for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

After toying with the idea of taking Jesus out for Kane and Willian out for Ritchie/Choupo, I now have City fear and think I will swap Lukaku for Kane. Utd fixtures turning a bit tougher, Pogba out, so we may see them struggle for a goals a little. I had thought Lukaku was a season keeper though.

It also means I have the cash to do a straight swap for Kane and don't have to take a hit to move on Willian. I think I will take a gamble on him getting game time against a weak Arsenal defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭lassykk

Have 2 FT this week and one is Lukaku to Kane.

Likely going to WC next week so have a one week punt after shifting on Pogba and 8.1 to spend

My options are

Pedro at home to Arsenal - will he start. Came off midweek so would be hopeful he will
    Ritchie at home to Stoke - Newcastle aren't exactly banging them in
    Antonio away to WBA - I know he looked good in the last game but can't see West Ham having too much joy against WBA

Anyone glaring that I'm missing?

Already have KDB & Jesus so David Silva seems overkill and will have Alli & Kane so Son is the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Just have to bring in Mendy - will get rid of Bailly to accommodate him and will have to find a cheaper alternative to Phillips in midfield to afford him. Looking at Brighton's Gross perhaps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

greendom wrote: »
    Just have to bring in Mendy - will get rid of Bailly to accommodate him and will have to find a cheaper alternative to Phillips in midfield to afford him. Looking at Brighton's Gross perhaps

Really? He only played 2 of the four games, Otamendi looks nailed on at 5.5. You could get Azipilcueta for the same price and his place is more secure and offers a better attacking threat

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I think Mendy looks like a great option going forwards. Already he looks like contributing to attacking returns and City might be more solid this year.

I'll be giving him real consideration when I use the wildcard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Salah and KDB in for Mané and Pogba for -8. Bleh. Already got in Bavies for Hegazi earlier in week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

I think Mendy looks like a great option going forwards. Already he looks like contributing to attacking returns and City might be more solid this year.

Opinions on Kyle walker?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Is he not a rotation risk? Although he missed the first two games and started the last two so maybe he is nailed from now on. He might be a viable alternative to Alonso down the line , considerabley cheaper as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Lukaku + 4m def

Or

Lacazete + Monreal?

pimpmyhat wrote: »
    Opinions on Kyle walker?

Don't think he has the same quality in the final third, and may be under more threat by Danilo.

To borrow a phrase from proper football men "Not for me, that".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

siblers wrote: »
    Really? He only played 2 of the four games, Otamendi looks nailed on at 5.5. You could get Azipilcueta for the same price and his place is more secure and offers a better attacking threat

you will get 0 assists from Otamendi and 2 or 3 goals perhaps. Mendy didn't start the season due to injury but has been immense since he started. Will certainly play more often than not and looks to be a great attacking threat.

Is he not a rotation risk? Although he missed the first two games and started the last two so maybe he is nailed from now on. He might be a viable alternative to Alonso down the line , considerabley cheaper as well

I just assumed he was getting up to speed and that's why he missed out. Did he have an injury when he came too?

But that's all uneducated guess work on my behalf, I just like the cut of his jib so far but I have a weakness for left wing backs :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

greendom wrote: »

you will get 0 assists from Otamendi and 2 or 3 goals perhaps. Mendy didn't start the season due to injury but has been immense since he started. Will certainly play more often than not and looks to be a great attacking threat.
    You will alsobget a lot of cards with otamendi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

pimpmyhat wrote: »
    Opinions on Kyle walker?
    From what I've seen of him playing fro City so far he's the most attacking defender in the game this year. Alonso only pips him because he's on free kicks. Would love to have him if the budgets allowed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I just assumed he was getting up to speed and that's why he missed out. Did he have an injury when he came too?

But that's all uneducated guess work on my behalf, I just like the cut of his jib so far but I have a weakness for left wing backs :o

Yeah he was carrying an injury when he signed that's why he was missing for the first couple of matches. I think he will start the vast majority of City's games this season. He may get rested during CL matches and around Christmas though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Probably biggest call so far for me this season in ditching 4 goal Lukaku for Kane with a 4 point hit.

Feel like I can't go Kaneless and City seem to be turning it on so want to keep Aguero.

Ditching the league's top scorer might seem a bit mad but I think he may dry up a bit over the next handful of games, and I still think United are primarily a defensive force rather than an attacking one. Their attacking value might lie in Micky and Pogs long term I feel

Morzadec wrote: »
    Probably biggest call so far for me this season in ditching 4 goal Lukaku for Kane with a 4 point hit.

Feel like I can't go Kaneless and City seem to be turning it on so want to keep Aguero.

Ditching the league's top scorer might seem a bit mad but I think he may dry up a bit over the next handful of games, and I still think United are primarily a defensive force rather than an attacking one. Their attacking value might lie in Micky and Pogs long term I feel
    Was just coming on to post similar.

Have Mane and Pogba but think Kane in is the priority. It's a -4 whichever way I slice it.

-4 to get Kane + Micky (and play RLC)
    -8 to get Kane + Salah + Ramsey

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

With Pogba out looking to switch to Miki
    However have dead wood in MF too with Walters and Capoue
    Looking to switch to GroB and Doucouré for simiilar values and leave 1.1 ITB
    Or any better suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

mik_da_man wrote: »
    With Pogba out looking to switch to Miki
    However have dead wood in MF too with Walters and Capoue
    Looking to switch to GroB and Doucouré for simiilar values and leave 1.1 ITB
    Or any better suggestions?

So Pogba to Mkhi uses the FT?

If you are playing 3 strikers then your 5th mid should be 4.4/4.5.
    The transfers your considering still leave you unbalanced and are certainly not worth hits.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

ElTel wrote: »
    So Pogba to Mkhi uses the FT?

If you are playing 3 strikers then your 5th mid should be 4.4/4.5.
    The transfers your considering still leave you unbalanced and are certainly not worth hits.

Have 2 FT this week so it's a only -4 hit
    have Kane, Lukaku and Chicarito up front

Issue is that those two (Walters and Capoue) aren't playing much so getting me nothing anyway. But i see your point, may just swap out one this week and bank for next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 434 ✭✭All in all

I have the choice of a 7m Mid (Fabregas more than likely) and Lukaku or Alli/Erikson and Firmino/Vardy - thinking the former is more like to score heavier. Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

All in all wrote: »
    I have the choice of a 7m Mid (Fabregas more than likely) and Lukaku or Alli/Erikson and Firmino/Vardy - thinking the former is more like to score heavier. Any thoughts?

Maybe depends on what other attacking coverage you have for United, Pool, Spurs a bit, but my preference for that would be:

Eriksen and Firmino

If you're going option one I'm not sure I love Fabregas due to doubts on playing time, I would probably prefer someone like Choupo and save that money to maybe upgrade a defender or use elsewhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 434 ✭✭All in all

Morzadec wrote: »
    Maybe depends on what other attacking coverage you have for United, Pool, Spurs a bit, but my preference for that would be:

Eriksen and Firmino

If you're going option one I'm not sure I love Fabregas due to doubts on playing time, I would probably prefer someone like Choupo and save that money to maybe upgrade a defender or use elsewhere

My Midfield is Mhkityrian/KDB/Chuopo/Carroll & Alli/Erikson or 7m
    Forwards - Kane/Morato & Firmino or Lukaku

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

2nd hit of the season has been launched.

Pogba and Walters out for Antonio and Choupo-Moting.

I have now have a midfield featuring Mooy and Choupo-Moting, 2 players I had never ever heard of a month ago :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

what are people's views on Sane starting at the weekend, he seems to have found himself more on the bench this season. Will the 2 goals last weekend help him out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Wildcard just about resisted. Lowton and Pogba to Bavies and Ritchie brings a - 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Ace2007 wrote: »
    what are people's views on Sane starting at the weekend, he seems to have found himself more on the bench this season. Will the 2 goals last weekend help him out?

I think you would be worried about him starting every gameweek. Even if he plays this week he could well be back on the bench next gw.

Ace2007 wrote: »

Can't see it changing much myself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

I have enough ITB to get Sanchez in for -4, for Pogba.
    Anyone want to talk me out of it?

Already done Mane to Choupo-Moting.

I was planning to get KDB or Silva in.
    Ruling out Spurs MF as I already have Kane and Vertongen.

Here is my attack
    Alonso (OOP)
    Carroll-Atsu-RLC-Choupo-Moting-Pogba
    Kane-Lukaku-Firmino

Sensible move seems to be a City MF is Arsenal are playing Chelsea, Sanchez might not start yet. But he is still Sanchez!

I had planned on sorting out the rest of my weak MF this week until Mane and Pogba happened.

What does anyone think?

If I get Sanchez,
    I might just get Walker or Mendi for short term City cover next GW.
    Then try work in David Silva or Jesus in later.

• Advertisement

Brought in Bavies for Danillo early this week. 1FT 0.4itb OR 78k 238pts.

Fab (Naughton)
    Bavies (vc) Kola Jones Stephens (Smith4.0)
    Eriksen (c) Mkhi Tadic (Pogba Carroll)
    Kun Jesus Chicharito

Help a fella out there please

A) Roll FT
    Only worth considering if Pogba does not drop in price tomo. I'm assuming even with the slowdown in changes that Pogba will fall but the Friday GW start could stop it perhaps.

B) Pogba to 8.5 max

C) Hit in Kane

I) Kun + Pogba to Kane and 7.5M
    ii) Add Chicharito to Firmino for a -8

Atsu will probably be my pick but don't let that distract you in your selection. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,282 ✭✭✭COH

Willian > Mkhitaryan
    Ramsey > GroB

A couple of potentially sideways moves but will probably wildcard next week anyway

shineon23 wrote: »
    I have enough ITB to get Sanchez in for -4, for Pogba.
    Anyone want to talk me out of it?

Already done Mane to Choupo-Moting.

I was planning to get KDB or Silva in.
    Ruling out Spurs MF as I already have Kane and Vertongen.

Here is my attack
    Alonso (OOP)
    Carroll-Atsu-RLC-Choupo-Moting-Pogba
    Kane-Lukaku-Firmino

Sensible move seems to be a City MF is Arsenal are playing Chelsea, Sanchez might not start yet. But he is still Sanchez!

I had planned on sorting out the rest of my weak MF this week until Mane and Pogba happened.

What does anyone think?

If I get Sanchez,
    I might just get Walker or Mendi for short term City cover next GW.
    Then try work in David Silva or Jesus in later.

Tough call but I'd go without Sanchez for now and especially if you want Silva or Jesus later anyway.

He played his first 90 minutes tonight so unlikely he'll start against Chelsea. I think I'll be going without him this season. That chances are he will be agreeing a contract, in January, with another club and I'm concerned he'll, understandably, be protecting himself this season.

City have as good a run as Arsenal and are playing a depleted Watford defence this weekend.

Brought in Bavies for Danillo early this week. 1FT 0.4itb OR 78k 238pts.

Fab (Naughton)
    Bavies (vc) Kola Jones Stephens (Smith4.0)
    Eriksen (c) Mkhi Tadic (Pogba Carroll)
    Kun Jesus Chicharito

Help a fella out there please

A) Roll FT
    Only worth considering if Pogba does not drop in price tomo. I'm assuming even with the slowdown in changes that Pogba will fall but the Friday GW start could stop it perhaps.

B) Pogba to 8.5 max

C) Hit in Kane

I) Kun + Pogba to Kane and 7.5M
    ii) Add Chicharito to Firmino for a -8

Atsu will probably be my pick but don't let that distract you in your selection. :o

I couldn't go without Kane and especially over next 4 fixtures. Antonio would be my 7.5 m choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

I'm in uncharted territory, two FTs and nothing obvious to do with them.

Foster Elliott
    Bavies Stephens Jones Dunk Long
    KDB Mkhi Ritchie Mooy Carroll
    Lukaku Kane Firmino

Mulling over Hazard in for KDB, but I'm luke warm on that at best. I suppose I could tidy up defence a bit.....

ScummyMan wrote: »
    I'm in uncharted territory, two FTs and nothing obvious to do with them.

Foster Elliott
    Bavies Stephens Jones Dunk Long
    KDB Mkhi Ritchie Mooy Carroll
    Lukaku Kane Firmino

Mulling over Hazard in for KDB, but I'm luke warm on that at best. I suppose I could tidy up defence a bit.....

Stephens predicted not to start on FFS team news. I've got him and will be starting him but I've no choice as I'm already in a -4.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Stephens predicted not to start on FFS team news. I've got him and will be starting him but I've no choice as I'm already in a -4.

Hmmm, hadn't spotted that. Southampton have been sh!te too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Pogba and lukaku make way for Kane and that Stoke lad who's name I can't recall

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Tough call but I'd go without Sanchez for now and especially if you want Silva or Jesus later anyway.

He played his first 90 minutes tonight so unlikely he'll start against Chelsea. I think I'll be going without him this season. That chances are he will be agreeing a contract, in January, with another club and I'm concerned he'll, understandably, be protecting himself this season.

City have as good a run as Arsenal and are playing a depleted Watford defence this weekend.

Thanks for talking me off that ledge, I think Wenger should start Sanchez against Chelsea to give them the best chance of winning, but always afraid of who he'll pick/drop.

Went with Silva hopefully I'll get a few weeks out of him before I break him too.

• Advertisement

C i) done.
    First hit of the season and feeling almost righteous...
    Didn't go Antonio who I think is a good pick cos I want Firmino.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

First hit of the season. Pogba and Benteke to Kane (c) and Gross for -4. I couldn't bring myself to go without Kane and Gross is my pre-WC gamble (and interest in tonight's game)

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭blackwave

Thinking of the below transfers, have two free transfers banked, what do people think? I am not so sure on Lukaku without Pogba plus Kane has started scoring so think it's good to get on him now before the value rises. I may end up jus doing the KAne transfer and bank the other until next week.

A: Lukaku to Kane, Yoshida to Cedric
    B: Lukaku to Kane, Gabbi to Rashford

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

C i) done.
    First hit of the season and feeling almost righteous...
    Didn't go Antonio who I think is a good pick cos I want Firmino.....

Had to be done, going without Kane who's value is rising fast and with those 4 next fixtures .....

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

this week is the perfect week to take a hit if needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I've 2 free transfers this week and have been going well but have a few concerns
    TAA
    RLC
    Mooy
    Chicarito

I think my best move is to swap out RLC for another 4.5 who plays more like Carroll or Cork and then have 2 FT's for next week (may even take a -4 next week) to assess TAA (or dump for another 4.5) and to see if Chico gets a start with A.Carroll back and in turn gives me more time to decide who comes in with the Chico and Mooy money's. Am I mad not adressing things this week? I've taken no hits yet and don't think I will this week..

• Advertisement

Final wildcard decision so i said I'd stick it here as it may be busier
    Grobb (at 5.4) and kolasinic who I then have to play away to Chelsea before great fixtures and zero ITB
    Or
    Ritchie and Daniels or Cedric or Pieter's to rotate with naughton and .5 or .6 ITB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

km79 wrote: »
    Final wildcard decision so i said I'd stick it here as it may be busier
    Grobb (at 5.4) and kolasinic who I then have to play away to Chelsea before great fixtures and zero ITB
    Or
    Ritchie and Daniels or Cedric or Pieter's to rotate with naughton and .5 or .6 ITB

I don't like the last option as having .5 or .6 itb can't earn you points.

MrMac84 wrote: »
    I don't like the last option as having .5 or .6 itb can't earn you points.

Gives me a bit of flexibility for my inevitable wildcard fails though :D
    I'd be happy to spend more on upgrading Ritchie to a 6.5 I want but there is none
    I've one eye on siggy for Miki in a week or 2 as well.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,139 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Have Pogba But nothing in the bank and I just can't find a transfer that I like for this weekend. I don't want to take a hit, so I am going to play T Caroll and use the 2FTs next week to improve the squad.
    There'll be lots of Chelsea and Arsenal options next week and I won't lose any value on Pogba even when he drops.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

I think I might jump on the gravy train and go for Gross this week.

So my prospective timeline of events

Now: Ward-Prowse to Gross
    Later: Question why I brought in Gross

• Advertisement
Advertisement