Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Caravan locking problem

Options
  • 09-09-2017 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

Hi

I picked up a caravan a couple of weeks ago with the intention of using it for camping holidays for my family. Needs a few small jobs done to it but nothing out of my skill set. Was working on the interior yesterday when I realised.......... How do you lock the door from the inside??? No barrel or switch present on lock on inside. It's hardly a matter of reaching arm out of window to lock from outside is it??

Thanks

Darren

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭db

Hi

I picked up a caravan a couple of weeks ago with the intention of using it for camping holidays for my family. Needs a few small jobs done to it but nothing out of my skill set. Was working on the interior yesterday when I realised.......... How do you lock the door from the inside??? No barrel or switch present on lock on inside. It's hardly a matter of reaching arm out of window to lock from outside is it??

Thanks

Darren
    Usually you just lift up the door handle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭Alkers

Just push the door handle upwards and it should have the same affected​ as locking. The doors aren't very secure so don't leave any unattended valuables

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭dazza161989

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Just push the door handle upwards and it should have the same affected​ as locking. The doors aren't very secure so don't leave any unattended valuables

That's what I had thought but doesent seem to work. Maybe it needs a new lock

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Is there a button?

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭dazza161989

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Is there a button?

No just a handle on interior

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭db

No just a handle on interior

Post a picture of the handle and we will let you know if it is standard.

Advertisement