Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it me, or iD exploitive?

• 09-09-2017 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

So, I've been using ID for about 2 months now.

Why is it, that when you top up a second time, within the span of a month, the amount that you've topped up by gets destroyed in a matter of minutes?

30 euro= 60gigs. I wasn't aware that if you topped up a second time, thinking that you wanted to extend the amount of download allowance, that it falls into outside plan charges.

I topped up yesterday with another 30 euros, thinking it had been a month. And this morning? It was gone. The account section doesn't show this, so when were we supposed to have been told that the the outside charges are rediculous?

As someone who is earning VERY little at the moment, 30 euros is huge to me. They call themselves the most flexible phone company. No, they're the most restrictive. Why can't you just top up a second time? The choice not to be able to sounds very exploitive.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

IrishTeddi wrote: »
    The choice not to be able to sounds very exploitive.

Similar on all networks. For example Vodafone you go from 50GB to 150GB for 10€, but you can't add another 100GB.

Doing this is a good idea as mobile internet is not designed for heavy use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Gooser14

IrishTeddi wrote:
    As someone who is earning VERY little at the moment, 30 euros is huge to me. They call themselves the most flexible phone company. No, they're the most restrictive. Why can't you just top up a second time? The choice not to be able to sounds very exploitive.

You can avoid this problem by using two iD SIM cards and topping them up alternatively.

Advertisement