Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

foundation lelel guidance needded please

• 09-09-2017 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

that should read
    foundation level guidance needed please

Hi - I wish to create images for use on a web game and an app. It may be that I get this done professionally when I have money. Now I have time, so I am learning what I can.
    I am clear what I need, in terms of images - these will be various combinations of a few variable faces/hairstyles/bodies.
    I intend to at the least 'wireframe' all images.
    I have drawn by hand all faces and bodies I need.
    Now I need to mix and match.
    So I have drawn and scanned in pencil sketches and can open these in either paint or gimp.
    I can overlay these as layers in gimp but it is painful, but I can do less in paint.

I am asking for a steer towards anywhere I can learn to efficiently open my own scanned hand sketched images for a face, open a separate hat/hair and open up a body, overlay the three, draw over the three into a 'new full character', and then save this sketch.

Questions are - NOTE THAT I USE UBUNTU -
    - what programme should I do these drawings in?
    - when I open this programme, does it matter what size or pixel setting I work with or should I just draw away and then scale at the end
    - what is the best format to be saving the final characters

If you have a headache from reading all that then sorry but if anything came into your head to point me at then add the link or say where in a post. I will watch videos, tutorials, anything online really, I am sort of house bound but have time in the evenings to learn - this above is asking for a steer as to where I can learn most efficiently.

If you see questions in the above that my answering would result in my being pointed more directly at assistance then ask away and Ill try and elaborate on any of the above.
    Thanks in advance for any of you that offer anything other than the advice to walk away, which is what I get a lot!!

A

Advertisement