Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apparel this time of year

Options
  • 09-09-2017 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,875 ✭✭✭

With the mornings a bit nippier whats your choice of clothing? Have a 13km commute each way on the bike and was getting away with lycra shorts and a heavy jersey last week. Might start wearing a base layer from Monday and long fingered gloves and arm warmers. I have a light rain jacket in the bag for showers. What are you guys wearing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Summer bibshorts and short sleeved jersey at the moment. Only change I might make is to take a jacket with me for the rain.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

only concession to the weather so far has been going from shorts to bib shorts on one or two days. i wear a bag on my back so am a sweaty mess at the end either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

from shorts to bib shorts on one or two days.

How does this help with keeping you warmer? I use bib shorts rear round.

The weather has gotten cooler this week so I used a base layer under my jersey in the mornings but on the evening spin home from work it was (bib) shorts and jersey.

The packable rain jacket was unpacked on a couple of occasions this week.

EDIT: We're not too far away from base layer, jersey, jacket, bib tights, merino socks, overshoes, liner gloves, winter gloves. Damn winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I've been wearing my LS gabba for weeks now but I live inside the artic circle aka Donegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scoondal

For me, it is worse for the body to be too cold than too warm. Cover up ... it's better for the muscles and general health.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

I live inside the artic circle aka Donegal.
    both rain and wind warnings for you guys today, i see.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

both rain and wind warnings for you guys today, i see.

Same as yesterday and Friday so.

I was planning on a spin this morning but the wind has really picked up even though it wasn't due to get stormy till midday so may give it a miss or take the MTB and head for the shelter of the forestry.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,430 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Sorry, but this has become obligatory whenever anyone starts one of these threads...

winter-is-coming-jpeg-492x0_q85_crop-smart.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I just go with a long sleeved jersey or rain jacket if it's raining and go to full length bib. My commute last winter was 15kms each way and that did me

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I wear a base layer year round, just different weights, materials etc unless. At the moment, I'll be adding arm warmers a bit mroe frequently and hope to get away with a Gilet or the Sportful Light jersey I have over a jersey. It's the time of year wear the Gore Phantom II begins to shine too and the long sleeve Gabba.

I'm all set for Winter. A new Galibier Mistral will be the go to top for the rainy days. If it's dry but the temperature is dropping my Santini Meridian jacket or B'Twin winter jacket are perfect.

I also purchased these earlier in the year.
    specialized-defroster-road-shoe-black-hyper-green-EV221221-8560-1.jpg

I've no excuses for crap weather really.

https://www.evanscycles.com/specialized-defroster-road-boot-EV221221

• Advertisement
Advertisement