Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cath 5 outside bathroom

Options
  • 09-09-2017 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Just bought a house which was built in the boom. its is fully first fixed, i have only one wire which I cant figure out the purpose, its a cat5 located at the light switch for the main bathroom upstairs, i metered it out and it goes to the HUB of Cat 5 wires in the sitting room, has anyone any idea why they would run a cat 5 to a position like this??
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Is there a velux in the room.?

Options

Lighting control
    Velux switch for window motor maybe wired back to the wrong place
    Phone
    Intercom

• Registered Users Posts: 33,932 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Just bought a house which was built in the boom. its is fully first fixed, i have only one wire which I cant figure out the purpose, its a cat5 located at the light switch for the main bathroom upstairs, i metered it out and it goes to the HUB of Cat 5 wires in the sitting room, has anyone any idea why they would run a cat 5 to a position like this??

Multitude of uses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 richierich99

no velux in the room,
    its wired for a whirlpool and has extraction which is normal,

its just seems strange, I could redirect it and use it as wifi extender for upstairs

Listermint
    what would you use it for?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭iioklo

Does house have a heat recovery system. My brother's house has a cat5 outside bathroom door, to tell the system the shower is in use and to increase fan speed to extract steam.

Advertisement