Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nursing at UCD

Options
  • 09-09-2017 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hey lads I'm in 6th year now and I'm just wondering if anyone is doing/did nursing in UCD and what it's like? (classes, exams, placements)

just want a general idea of what you do, how hard the course is as opposed to leaving cert etc! :) oh and by nursing I mean any of the nursing courses as I'm not decided yet! Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ellejamieson

Hi!
    I'm in 1st year General Nursing :). So far I'm loving it (although I am aware I am still v new!) , we have lectures on scientific priciples (which is like secondary school biology, chem etc,), anatomy and physiology, psychology, and then a clinical care lecture which at the moment is about basic things (like washing feeding patient positioning etc). i have a lab once a week where we do the practical aspects like bed baths etc...
    i've only had one 'exam' so far which was 5% of my semester grade, but it wasnt hard at all when yourre used to leaving cert ! we'll have some mid term exams and then the christmas ones!
    we have placement after xmas for 5 weeks and then another 6 weeks in march, i think?! not 100% sure ahha....
    ucd is a fantastic university.. i was a bit worried because everyone told me it was so big, but im loving it so far.
    i'm aware all this info might be completely different for other years, but this is how im finding it!
    if youve any other questions feel free to pm me :)

Advertisement