Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very confusing pregnancy test results

Options
  • 09-09-2017 10:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

Hello Ladies...i was wondering your opinion...
    Over week ago i started to feel different...tired, sorr breasts etc. I room pregnancy test and it showed very light but positive result. On Wednesday afternoon I started bleeding. When it started I took test and showed negative result. With it my breasts stopped being So sensitive and I started to have a bleeding. It was heavier than what's described as implantation bleeding but lasted o it 1,5days.
    This morning I took test again (I was very dissapointed with my 2 negative results and all this) and it showed again faded positive.
    Does anyone know what's going on or experienced something similar?
    And still ended up pregnant?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Terrlock

My wife had a postive result from one type of pregnancy test and then a negative results form another and still was pregnant.

I guess some tests may only work when your further on or something.

Best just go see a doctor.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Ok, so when you take a test with the first morning urine, that's when the urine is at it's most concentrated and therefore you get a more reliable result. Testing in the afternoon will give you a less reliable result because you've likely been having drinks during the day and the urine is diluted - therefore the hormone that the test looks for is diluted too.

So, ordinarily I'd say to disregard the afternoon test as just too diluted to give you an accurate result. However the bleeding, plus the sudden loss of symptoms is a concern. Keep testing, first thing in the morning, and tests with a pink line generally are more reliable than blue tests. If you stay positive, or it goes darker, it's good news. If the tests turn negative you might have had what's called a chemical pregnancy - that means that the egg got fertilised (and produced the HCG) but that it was unable to implant or failed to grow before implantation.

Advertisement