Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Politics 2.0

Options
  • 10-09-2017 2:03am

Yeah, if I have to be a member to post, don't show it to me
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Understandable but how will you know if you want to post or if you want to request access unless you can see what the topics / discussion involve?

For now, I would counter suggest "dont look" but some form of user-side "hide this forum" could be an idea. like ignore but on a much larger scale.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Just to clarify, it's Politics Cafe 2.0 that you need to gain access for, not the main Politics forum. It's been set up in the same way as Soccer, and I'm unaware of anyone raising objections to that forum being hidden from the view of posters without access to posting.

Technically hiding it from people who don't have access is certainly feasible, as that's exactly how a number of Private/Subscriber forums currently work

Advertisement