Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyclists and Drivers

Options
  • 10-09-2017 4:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I am new to boards.ie so hoping this thread is ok to post and apologies about how long it is.

I was involved in a minor incident today with a cyclist on a roundabout. I was approaching the roundabout and the cyclist was on the roundabout intending to take the same exit as myself.
    I slowed down as I approached and was waiting for the cyclist to pass me by before I entered the roundabout (I was not stationary) and as I approached he slowed down on his bike and started pointing at me as if to say "do not enter the roundabout" and continued to slow down and stare at me. He really startled me as I could clearly see him and did not put him in any danger and I actually signalled at him to let him know that I could see him and for him continue on. I entered the roundabout but the cyclist seemed really annoyed at this point and continued to slow down which made the situation worse. Note that the exit we were both taking was onto a dual carriageway and there was a car behind me so it wasn't the safest of manoeuvres. When we pulled onto the dual carriageway he was out on the road slightly so I had to move into the outside lane to try and avoid him and the car behind also had to move out to avoid him. He had really startled me and upset me so I began to get frustrated and beeped aggressively at him (which I realise now I shouldn't have done) but I was concerned for everyone's safety (myself, the car behind me and the cyclist).

I cant stop thinking about the incident and feel that we were both at fault but its really got me thinking about cyclists versus drivers.. Anyone else been in a similar situation?

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OP has discovered the Cycling forum and posted there so locking this

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement