Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone line and internet

Options
  • 10-09-2017 9:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi.
    I'm returning home to Ireland after living in Australia for the past 20 years. I've just bought a place in Cumminstown, Ballynacargy, Co Westmeath and have noticed, on the contract, no phone line at the house... my question is will I be able to get one and what about internet options ( if any).. just wondered if anyone on here lives in the area and knows. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Not from the area but a quick search has shown these. You won't really know until you get there though.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Fence

I'm around 5 miles the other side of Ballynacarrigy from that, and I have very bad news for you. Ballynacarrigy is a total black spot as regards broadband. I'm with eir, but on the Moyvore exchange and am having huge problems at the moment. My line speed 512Kbps, as supposedly the line would take the full 1mb I was signed up for and was causing problems.

You might be able to sign up to Imagine, I had them out over the summer, they're in the area but weren't able to get enough speeds from their equipment to be able to sign on with them.

I'm investigating other options at the moment, because my line drops on a regular basis but the technician has been out multiple times and says he can't find a problem. If you know your future eircode check it on the national broadband map - I am amber and have very little hope of anything happening soon.

But if anyone knows better I'd love to hear it.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭tomaso11

Are broadband issues still the same around the area? looking to buy a house there

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭mookishboy

There is a Three mast over towards ballinalack. so with the Three Huawei router and external Dipol antenna you should have a chance of a decent signal.

Advertisement