Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fbd commercial insurance

Options
  • 10-09-2017 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭

Hi so I called into fbd to get a commercial quote for jeep used for farming. Also have farm insurance with them.

They said there commercial policy is not based on a no claims discount, rather a flat commercial rate. (Even though they wanted to know how many years my ncd was at present)

So basically if I was to have a crash, I would not loose my no claims discount as basically I won't have one with the policy, and in theory my cost of insurance won't go up the following year if I had a crash.

On the other hand after 5 years with no claims if I was to leave them I wouldn't get a no claims certificate stating 5 years no claim bonus for being a safe driver as its not part of the commercial policy.

They offer a written "word" basically saying you didn't have a crash for x amount of years.

So my question is, Is this a way of fbd "trapping" you into staying with them as you won't have a ncd to pass onto another insurance company in years to come......

I'm a bit wary of it, so any one in the know might be able to give a clear answer.

Thanks in advance

Advertisement