Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A headless PC with windows 10 for plex and RDPing onto?

Options
  • 10-09-2017 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭

Im looking for something to act as a plex server.
    Basically i want just a headless box that can handle plex and also something I can remote to when away from home.
    At the moment im using an old laptop with windows 7 and its fine for RDP and downloading etc but id really like something more powerful.
    Just a windows 10 box with enough processing power that I can leave in the corner and forget about apart from the times im RDPing onto it.

Any suggestions?
    Or even what should I be looking for at all?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭galvo_clare

I like the Gigabyte Brix boxes. Have an i5 version running Windows 10 in my attic for over a year. Silent running and uses very little power compared to a desktop.
    I have a similar but slightly different model running Windows 2012 server in the office. Again, rock solid.

Im looking for something to act as a plex server.
    Basically i want just a headless box that can handle plex and also something I can remote to when away from home.
    At the moment im using an old laptop with windows 7 and its fine for RDP and downloading etc but id really like something more powerful.
    Just a windows 10 box with enough processing power that I can leave in the corner and forget about apart from the times im RDPing onto it.

Any suggestions?
    Or even what should I be looking for at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭jamesthepeach

I like the Gigabyte Brix boxes. Have an i5 version running Windows 10 in my attic for over a year. Silent running and uses very little power compared to a desktop.
    I have a similar but slightly different model running Windows 2012 server in the office. Again, rock solid.

Thanks
    I'll look them up.

Advertisement