Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCC or IT Tralee

Options
  • 10-09-2017 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

So I'm in Sixth Year at the moment, and I was thinking of doing something with wildlife conservation in the future, but I'm unsure what courses to take.

There are three courses that I was looking at: Wildlife Biology in IT Tralee, Biology, Earth & Environmental Science (BEES) in UCC or Undemoninated Science (choosing Zoology) in NUIG.

I've kinda been thinking about UCC and IT Tralee more so than Galway, but I'm not sure which course I'd like. Since I'd like to work outdoors in wildlife conservation, my guidance councillor in school thinks IT Tralee would be a really good course for me because it focuses on the outdoor parts more than UCC, which she says focuses mainly on the theory side of things.

But I'm still really not sure. :) I like the thought of going to UCC, a university, and i have never really considered going to an IT, but the course there sounds really appealing to me. I know that universities seem to have a higher standard of education than ITs, so I was wondering if anyone has any advice for what I should do, or if anyone is currently studying in these places what do they think of them? Is IT Tralee any good, or is UCC better? Thanks :)

Advertisement