Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vuelta Stage 21: Arroyomolinos → Madrid - 118km

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    Why does Froome think he is the first person to win the tour vuelt double? Does he not know his cycling history at all?

He said he is the first person to win the tour and then go on and win the Vuelta in the same season, which is true. He is the first person to do the double since it moved from the spring in 1995.
    “I think it probably is my greatest achievement, being the first person to win the Tour de France and then go on to win the Vuelta,”

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Inquitus wrote: »
    He said he is the first person to win the tour and then go on and win the Vuelta in the same season, which is true. He is the first person to do the double since it moved from the spring in 1995.

Hardly any harder than doing it the other way around though, is it? Does he even know that it was done the other way around? Possibly not!

Just thinking earlier compared to the majority of the peloton Froome would have significantly less kilometres of racing in his legs. He's been in 6 races I can think of this year? Trying to think now if thats less than some of the other main GC guys like Quintana and Nibali ? I'm thinking it's about the same as you generally don't get them all together outside of the grand tours really.

Advertisement