Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

9/11

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

It was a nice sunny day in Ireland, I remember it vividly. Even in Ireland people were scared, I can only imagine how the people of New York felt.

I had just become a father for the first time a few weeks earlier

as I was watching it happening I was thinking to myself what sort of world had I brought her into

It was a scary day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭Sligoronan

On this day 17 years ago I was working on a construction site on 91st and fifth Ave. I had a first cousin visiting me that was on a J1 that summer in Boston. He had been down with a friend to see us before heading home. I put both off them on the 1 or 9 train that morning at around 8:00 to the World trade centre to get a ticket there called a City pass which allowed you to see 3 attraction for the price of one all in the one day.
    I arrived in to work and the Foreman told me that some stupid C~~T flew into one of the twin towers. There was about 12 of us on site which was apartment revamp. One of the lads resurrected a television from the home owners stuff. When we got it working the second tower had been hit. All I could think was panic about the boys. Mobile Phones were working on and off but the boys did not have one. We were all Irish on site, one of the lads wife's was working in the Un building and he had managed some how too get a call from her to say they were been evacuated. He agreed to meet her at 12 around the plaza. We left site and went outside the place was in chaos. There was not a taxi to seen or got. All the deli and news agents were closing. We went into a Irish pub to watch it all unfold. I got a calling card and rang mam and dad to say I was sound from a street phone. Nobody at home new that the boys were down with me and never told mam either. I Headed down town with the cork lad to meet his wife. It took hours to get 50 blocks. We met her and continued on. I made it to 34th street and rang the wife to be. We were living in Jersey at the time. The boys had made contact with her on the house phone to say there were sound. She told them to meet me at the blarney pub around 34th street. Well if ya seen the smiley heads on the bucks when they came into the blarney. They had missed the stop for the WTC and got out at battery park. When they got out the first plane was just hitting the building. The pair of boys thought someone was making a movie.
    The trains were not running back to jersey so we had a scatter of pints. Trains started running around 8 or 9 that night. We got the 11pm one home. Not until we arrived at the station in south orange NJ did we realise the serious of the situation.
    There were family's there waiting for husbands wife's etc. I think 20 or 30 people died that from the station that day.
    Every year I get a one liner from the cousin. Well Ronnie did ya remember how ya tried to do me in 17 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Sinus pain

Sligoronan wrote: »
    On this day 17 years ago I was working on a construction site on 91st and fifth Ave. I had a first cousin visiting me that was on a J1 that summer in Boston. He had been down with a friend to see us before heading home. I put both off them on the 1 or 9 train that morning at around 8:00 to the World trade centre to get a ticket there called a City pass which allowed you to see 3 attraction for the price of one all in the one day.
    I arrived in to work and the Foreman told me that some stupid C~~T flew into one of the twin towers. There was about 12 of us on site which was apartment revamp. One of the lads resurrected a television from the home owners stuff. When we got it working the second tower had been hit. All I could think was panic about the boys. Mobile Phones were working on and off but the boys did not have one. We were all Irish on site, one of the lads wife's was working in the Un building and he had managed some how too get a call from her to say they were been evacuated. He agreed to meet her at 12 around the plaza. We left site and went outside the place was in chaos. There was not a taxi to seen or got. All the deli and news agents were closing. We went into a Irish pub to watch it all unfold. I got a calling card and rang mam and dad to say I was sound from a street phone. Nobody at home new that the boys were down with me and never told mam either. I Headed down town with the cork lad to meet his wife. It took hours to get 50 blocks. We met her and continued on. I made it to 34th street and rang the wife to be. We were living in Jersey at the time. The boys had made contact with her on the house phone to say there were sound. She told them to meet me at the blarney pub around 34th street. Well if ya seen the smiley heads on the bucks when they came into the blarney. They had missed the stop for the WTC and got out at battery park. When they got out the first plane was just hitting the building. The pair of boys thought someone was making a movie.
    The trains were not running back to jersey so we had a scatter of pints. Trains started running around 8 or 9 that night. We got the 11pm one home. Not until we arrived at the station in south orange NJ did we realise the serious of the situation.
    There were family's there waiting for husbands wife's etc. I think 20 or 30 people died that from the station that day.
    Every year I get a one liner from the cousin. Well Ronnie did ya remember how ya tried to do me in 17 years ago.
    Crying reading this - what a scary day that must have been

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,706 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Just finished working the 6am -> 2 shift, Sat in the car , news was on the radio.
    A plane had hit one of the Towers. But that was all that was mentioned.
    Arrived home about 10mins later and, put on Sky news - I was still watching it at midnight.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

Was in bed at my girlfriend's house had to work in the evening. Her father rushed in turn on the TV planes have hit the Twin Towers. I turned on the TV and watched the news till work at 5. I was actually surprised because some people at work did even know and they huddled around a computer screen looking at images on the internet surreal day. I bought into the official story for years until I started doing some research on it boy was I naive that event was clearly a false flag and the biggest one ever accomplished.

greenspurs wrote: »
    Just finished working the 6am -> 2 shift, Sat in the car , news was on the radio.
    A plane had hit one of the Towers. But that was all that was mentioned.
    Arrived home about 10mins later and, put on Sky news - I was still watching it at midnight.

Your timing is off the second plane crashed just after 2pm our time.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

leftism wrote: »
    The official NIST report on WTC-7's collapse states that the building fell at free fall speed for almost 3 seconds. The only plausible explanation for that is controlled demolition. Any other explanation would require major revisions to Sir Isaac Newton's 3rd law...

Freefall occurred for 2.25 seconds. NIST denied freefall with WTC7 for years. David Chandler a Physics teacher and a member of architects and engineers for 9/11 truth wrote a letter to them explaining to them they got this wrong this forced them into accepting a change so they began rewriting and came out with a new theory called the progressive collapse. NIST invented a new theory to fit their collapse model with freefall. The collapse could have happened in the way they claim though. It well known now they removed 30 shears on the girder, removed fasteners on the girder, and they removed the web stiffener plate on the girder to allow the girder to come off its seat at column 79 where the collapse started according to NIST.

They also ignored FEMA 2002 evidence of finding a WTC7 steel flange that was melted by 1000c heat and Sulphur. NIST never even mentioned this in their study. NIST even states in 2008 that no steel was blasted by more 600c heat in WTC7. So the smoking gun was ignored as FEMA said the steel from WTC7 was heated by 1000 heat and sulphur. It very technical but sulphur is an ingredient in thermate and nano-thermite a high tech explosive.

Anyone who says 9/11 was an inside job is a loon. The planes clearly came from outside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Your timing is off the second plane crashed just after 2pm our time.

er....he says he had finished the 6am to 2pm shift

Anyone who says 9/11 was an inside job is a loon. The planes clearly came from outside.

WTC7 was brought down by controlled demolition. If you had researched it you figure that out very quickly. And no plane hit WTC7.

I have done a lot of research on it over the years the discrepancies are staggering.

This is WTC7 coming down on 9/11

Riskymove wrote: »
    er....he says he had finished the 6am to 2pm shift

He did not have 2 pm, just had 2 shift but thanks for the clarification.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

According to some conspiracy theories either the buildings were hit by missiles disguised as airplanes or else they were holograms.

According to some conspiracy theories either the buildings were hit by missiles disguised as airplanes or else they were holograms.

I fully convinced these theories were put out there to discredit the 9/11 conspiracy movement. We don't know who the people are who brought out videos claiming no planes hit and missiles were used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,706 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

He did not have 2 pm, just had 2 shift but thanks for the clarification.

Who works from 6am to 2am ?!? :confused:

But thanks for the attempt at correcting me....... even though you are mistaken

The report of the 1st plane strike was on the 2 14.00hrs news ...... :rolleyes:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Advertisement

greenspurs wrote: »
    Who works from 6am to 2am ?!? :confused:

But thanks for the attempt at correcting me....... even though you are mistaken

The report of the 1st plane strike was on the 2 14.00hrs news ...... :rolleyes:

2 shift is meaningless speak it could be what shift your on. People do work different shifts nowadays in the evening and at night. But I know what you meant now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,974 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I have done a lot of research on it over the years the discrepancies are staggering.

How did you get access to the site and data? Who funded your research? Have you published it in a peer reviewed paper?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

What's Gemma's theory on it? Klingons or Martians.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Laois_Man wrote: »
    The Boards thread from that day......

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=30985

It's amazing when you look back and see what the death toll estimates were. Anything from 10,000 to 50,000. I very clearly remember people speculating on the news about this and when we look back it seems remarkable that 'only' 2,977 people died. I'm not in any way being glib or insensitive to those who were murdered by the way, just that when you take into account what happened it seems like the death toll on the day should have been way higher than it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod-Hey conspiracy theorists. Go away to the conspiracy theories forum.- https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=576

Even has a sub forum for the extra crunchy honey nut fruit loops. https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1489

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

branie2 wrote: »
    Today, 17 years ago it happened

Where did the time go?

Palestinians, not Israelis.

It was a major News Story about the dancing Israelis on 9/11. For some reason, people are confusing the event. Trump could be too.

5 Israelis, two of them later turned out to be Mossad agents was arrested in the New Jersey area. They were spotted in New Jersey when the first plane filming the towers on fire video, they were jumping up and down celebrating. They were arrested and kept in a cell for 50 days and later shipped back to Israel on passport violations. They were working for a Mossad front company called Urban Moving systems based out of New Jersey in New York. The owner fled before being questioned by the FBI for a second time he returned to Isreal.

There was always a debate did these guys know what was going to happen? There were many good reports they were set up before the first plane hit.

Putinbot wrote: »
    Mod-Hey conspiracy theorists. Go away to the conspiracy theories forum.- https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=576

Even has a sub forum for the extra crunchy honey nut fruit loops. https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1489

I happy to be a conspiracy theorist if you don't like it that's on you. This is a 9/11 thread so conspiracies should be allowed or this just way of trying to stop debate? Anyway, I leave this topic if triggers some people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭per aspera ad astra

Proud to be on the right side of history, that is to say – I don't believe the official story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

My sister was on the towers on 10th September (day before) and flew back overnight and landed next morning

She was still driving home from Heathrow, when the planes hit.

One reason she doesnt forget her wedding anniversary or that trip

How did you get access to the site and data? Who funded your research? Have you published it in a peer reviewed paper?

Go to the conspiracy forum I have discussed the issues on there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,053 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

I was dying the day as I was at the tipp celebrations after winning the all ireland, can remember checking cattle while listening in the jeep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

WTC7 was brought down by controlled demolition. If you had researched it you figure that out very quickly. And no plane hit WTC7.

This is WTC7 coming down on 9/11

You mean you done a lot of "research"

There was a lad over on the ct forum a while back (may still be there, I don't know) that was pushing the no planes at all theory. All the footage is cgi or some such ****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,974 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Go to the conspiracy forum I have discussed the issues on there.

For this reason. No thanks.

• Advertisement

You mean you done a lot of "research"
    Did you watch that video you've just quoted?

Edgware wrote: »
    What's Gemma's theory on it? Klingons or Martians.

The Irish government. After they successfully killed Veronica geurin and got away with it, they had to go bigger for their next thrill.

For this reason. No thanks.

Up to you, I don't just quote conspiracy sites I compare both sides claims when I discuss 9/11. The best way to debate is to compare both sides claims side by side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

I was in 5th class I was getting lunch with my parents after getting assessed by a child phycologist for some reason,

full time mad bazztard

Did you watch that video you've just quoted?

Did you watch the official videos or anything else? Sure it's on the Internet, it must be true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

9/11 was the day before I started first year in college. What was even stranger than the events in New York was that the following day, no one in any of the induction classes I attended even mentioned it. Feckin' students!

Did you watch the official videos or anything else? Sure it's on the Internet, it must be true.
    You didn't answer the question.

That's NIST official collapse video for WTC7. You can see that in the heading.

Most people are just unfamiliar with the conspiracy sites claims. They don't take the time out to find out if its true or not.

I can debunk NIST WTC7 study, but I have been told not to post that here so anyone wants to debate you find me over there on the dark side of boards.ie.

You don't use just videos. You go through historical documentation of the construction of the buildings. You compare NIST graphics of heat and fire to photographic evidence. There lot more involved then you think. NIST has a computer simulation of the collapse and you can compare that to the actual collapse. I can show you the flaws in their simulation. But I have done this already so head to the conspiracy forum. If still not convinced that fine but least you be more knowledgeable about what the other side is saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

It would have been incredibly interesting if Reddit, as it is now, was around at the time of the September 11th attacks. The likes of the live threads, the likelihood of people being in the Twin Towers being Reddit users, and the up-to-the second updates these generate, would have made for such a fascinating (and impossibly morbid) view.
    I'm glad it wasn't. We had livestreams of people dying in Grenfell tower, or at least livestreams of people's last moments as they tried to save them.
    :(

On 9/11 I was just turned 12 and my grandmother phoned my mother about a plane crash. Dad was working in London at the time and I thought he had been killed on a flight home before I understood it was america they were talking about.

I didn't know what the WTC was or appreciate the magnitude for quite a bit tbh. Honestly was only years later when I heard about human remains still being discovered in the debris of the attack that some of that horror started to feel more real.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

gotta say Draco was on the ball with his predictions back then

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=273673&postcount=62
    I doubt it. I suspect that severl places will be bombed back to the stone age and bush will want to send troops into a couple of places to clear them out. Expect a lose of civil rights in the states and a few other countrys as a kneejerk reaction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

The Irish government. After they successfully killed Veronica geurin and got away with it, they had to go bigger for their next thrill.

Gemma saw it all from her vantage point on the grassy knoll

• Registered Users Posts: 1 JF2K16

I remember 9/11 happened on a Tuesday.

Only today, 9/11/2018, I looked up a calendar for the year 911 AD, i.e. 1,107 years ago.
    I noticed that the year 911 began on a Tuesday, which is interesting.

JF.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

From an Irish point of view I think the saddest story on 9/11 was that of Ruth Clifford McCourt and her daughter.

https://www.irishcentral.com/news/ron-clifford-escaped-world-trade-center-sister-niece-killed-in-plane-121086179-237737491

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,659 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

I was in Chichen Itza. What a magnificent place.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

abarkie wrote: »
    My sister was on the towers on 10th September (day before) and flew back overnight and landed next morning

She was still driving home from Heathrow, when the planes hit.

One reason she doesnt forget her wedding anniversary or that trip

My sister was also in the towers on the 10th. She too flew home on the 11th. She and her fiancé had just arrived home when the first plane hit.

Strange, strange day.

Q1Rn9sg.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

The real sadness is for the firefighters who gave their life heroically trying to save those in the towers. Also the many who have passed away since, due to exposure to Asbestos & all the other harmful toxins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

The real sadness is for the firefighters who gave their life heroically trying to save those in the towers. Also the many who have passed away since, due to exposure to Asbestos & all the other harmful toxins.

https://www.joe.co.uk/news/steve-buscemi-firefighter-911-199065

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

As I've said before on another thread I was in 4th year in school and at the change of class there was no teacher there. A passing teacher then said a plane had crashed into the world trade centre. I remember watching sky news the next morning and watching the live camera of the site. It's a certain generations "where were you when..." moment. I know people of a certain generation who may not remember many important things in their lives, but can remember where and who they were with when JFK died.

• Advertisement
Advertisement