Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maternity benefit query

Options
  • 10-09-2017 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi I am just wondering probably a stupid question but I am planning on changing jobs within the next month. I hope to start the start of October. With my new employee I won't be entitled to maternity leave pay and illness pay for a year. Just wondering if I got pregnant within the year but wasn't going on Mat leave till after I have been employed for a year would I be entitled to the maternity pay? Thanks hopefully this makes sense!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

I assume you mean a top up payment by your employer? If so, it all depends on how their policy is written.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 delim9

Yes sorry. Ya I don't really know the policy. All it says is that I am entitled to a maternity leave scheme and illness benefit after 1 years employment. It is working for a private hospital so I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

Maternity benefit doesn't start until you start maternity leave, which in an ideal case starts two weeks before the baby is due so if you get pregnant in 6 months and have the baby 9 months later, you would be entitled to maternity pay from the job as you will be over 1 year working there.

Advertisement