Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TC reg

Options
  • 10-09-2017 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭

Hi

I'm looking to conditionally register with TC, further education. Does anyone happen to know what application form I use. primary and post primary both have seperate application forms for conditional reg. However, there is only one form for further education?

I will ring them tomorrow, if I cant get an answer now

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

dar100 wrote: »
    Hi

I'm looking to conditionally register with TC, further education. Does anyone happen to know what application form I use. primary and post primary both have seperate application forms for conditional reg. However, there is only one form for further education?

thanks

Then you use the further education one as this what you are registering for. I'm assuming the forms for conditional registration is for graduates finishing there studies who will be conditional until they have completed 300 hours teaching and NQT workshops.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dar100

Then you use the further education one as this what you are registering for. I'm assuming the forms for conditional registration is for graduates finishing there studies who will be conditional until they have completed 300 hours teaching and NQT workshops.

Thanks for this!!

No I'm looking for route 3 under regulation 10

Thanks for this!!

No I'm looking for route 3 under regulation 10

I can't find information about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Hi

thanks

I registered under further education and there were no conditions attached. Why do you want conditional registration when full registration is possible?

sullivlo wrote: »
    I registered under further education and there were no conditions attached. Why do you want conditional registration when full registration is possible?

because ive only started my hdip.

• Advertisement

But you don't need a hdip (now PME) to register for further education that is the reason the dippers apply.

I only just started my dip too. I registered under further education. My registration was accepted and came through the other day.

sullivlo wrote: »
    I only just started my dip too. I registered under further education. My registration was accepted and came through the other day.

Exactly.

Yes and apparently it's conditional on you finishing your training

But you don't need a hdip (now PME) to register for further education that is the reason the dippers apply.

I do need the hdip. Unless you done your degree before 2009.

The PME is not for further education. The qualification for further ed is hdip or professional diploma in further education, both are the same thing level 8

• Advertisement

I do need the hdip. Unless you done your degree before 2009.

The PME is not for further education. The qualification for further ed is hdip or professional diploma in further education, both are the same thing level 8

I did my degree in 2008. I am fully registered on the further education strand. Any of my classmates on my PME who are registered with the teaching council have done so through the further education stream. I have personally spoken to the teaching council on the phone and they said that PME students register using the further education form.

Advertisement