Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LED TV repair

Options
  • 10-09-2017 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭

Before we proceed, has anyone reading this have any experience with repairing backlight failures on LED TVs ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

fryup wrote: »
    Before we proceed, has anyone reading this have any experience with backlight failures with LED TVs ?

Mine was crap from new, you can visibly see the stripes of lighting behind the picture. Tv was examined twice by engineers and I was told that's just the way it is. It's an LG and I won't be buying one again

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Needles73

Before we proceed, has anyone reading this have any experience with repairing backlight failures on LED TVs ?

I've replaced them on an LG tv. What's it doing i.e. Some light, no light ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Needles73 wrote: »
    I've replaced them on an LG tv. What's it doing i.e. Some light, no light ?

ok here we go....

the TV screen went blank one day, but the sound is still on

*did the torchlight test and i can see the menu

*stripped TV back & front, checked Led lights all are fine

*replaced power board and when i switch on TV all the led lights come on for a split second and then go off...so i'm baffled:confused:

ok here we go....

the TV screen went blank one day, but the sound is still on

*did the torchlight test and i can see the menu

*stripped TV back & front, checked Led lights all are fine

*replaced power board and when i switch on TV all the led lights come on for a split second and then go off...so i'm baffled:confused:

That's a funny one. Most likely though you still have a bad led strip. How did you "check" led lights as ok ?

• Advertisement

Did you power up each strip or each individual led. I haven't used an LED tester but have used a dc supply on each strip. I.e. Any chance you have a loss of continuity through led or strip?

i powered up each strip and i checked each one individually and all lit up 100%

if there was loss of continunity surely they wouldn't light up in a strip would they ?

i powered up each strip and i checked each one individually and all lit up 100%

if there was loss of continunity surely they wouldn't light up in a strip would they ?

Yep it's a funny one. Sounds like you have tried the right things. If the power board picks up a fault it's my understanding it just switches off supply to leds. I've always found a faulty led or strip. Did you try leaving the leds on a longer test ? Sorry I cannot be of more help.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Any thermistors or temperature sensors on or near the led strips?

well there is a thermister on the powerboard, which is situated on the back of the panel

here's the powerboard

• Advertisement
Advertisement