Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cock up?

Options
  • 10-09-2017 3:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭

The following is a recent exchange with Kyle (then of Meteor, now with eir) on the old "Talk to Meteor forum"  that took place a few weeks ago:-

Me:   "My 6 months contract (25Gb plus 15Gb for free) is up in a month's time and I'm considering moving onto your 50GB mobile data package.   Do I need to give a month's notice that I'm ending my current contract or can I simply contact someone in Meteor/Eir at the end of my contract period and move onto the 50Gb contract?

My second question.   If I upgrade to your 50Gb Mobile Broadband package, am I tied into it for a new 6 months contract period, or will my previous contract period be taken into account?   I'm asking this in case the excellent 4G signal goes away again - if it remains as is, then I'll happily stay with Meteor."

Kyle:-   "Hi there   If you're just moving from one Billpay plan to another, you don't have to give 30-day notice.  This will be only if you're going to cancel your account and move to prepay.

If you upgrade, this will be a contracted plan for the amount of time that you agree to and is advertised.  You will have 14 days to cancel this new contract if the coverage isn't good enough.  Please bear in mind that changing contracts or moving to payg does not affect your coverage so if you're happy enough with your coverage now, you will get the same.

If you're thinking about going ahead with this upgrade, just call the Sales Team that might be able to push an early upgrade through for you at [url=callto:1800567085]1800567085[/url]

-Kyle"

So I followed Kyle's advice and phoned the Meteor/eir Sales team, who arranged to change my contract from 25BG per month to 50Gb with effect from 00.01 this (Sunday morning).    I  turned off my wifi device at 23.55 last night and went to bed.

This morning, I turned on my wifi device and could not get any signal at all.  Can't log-in, no wifi.  :(  Not a very impressive start to my revised contract.  Nor the top quality service that I expected from the all-singing, all-dancing new eir.

Worse still, it's a Sunday, so I can't call the Sales Team or talk to the eir team on Boards.ie.   

So I tried the eir chat service.  After waiting 32 minutes, I was connected to an Indian bloke who, after asking me the usual "idiot user" question: "have you turned your modem off and on"  told me that there was probably a problem with my SIM and to call into my local store and ask for a new one.   The only problem with that 'expert' solution is that my nearest "local store" is 50 miles away!      Great!   :mad:

Could Kyle or one of his fellow eir reps, please sort this out for me, asap?    Thanks.

(I have sent a PM to the eir team, with my account details.)

PS fortunately my missus is with Tesco mobile, so and her wifi is working!
    Otherwise I would be completely cut off from civilisation. :P

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Squatter wrote: »
    The following is a recent exchange with Kyle (then of Meteor, now with eir) on the old "Talk to Meteor forum"  that took place a few weeks ago:-

Me:   "My 6 months contract (25Gb plus 15Gb for free) is up in a month's time and I'm considering moving onto your 50GB mobile data package.   Do I need to give a month's notice that I'm ending my current contract or can I simply contact someone in Meteor/Eir at the end of my contract period and move onto the 50Gb contract?

My second question.   If I upgrade to your 50Gb Mobile Broadband package, am I tied into it for a new 6 months contract period, or will my previous contract period be taken into account?   I'm asking this in case the excellent 4G signal goes away again - if it remains as is, then I'll happily stay with Meteor."

Kyle:-   "Hi there   If you're just moving from one Billpay plan to another, you don't have to give 30-day notice.  This will be only if you're going to cancel your account and move to prepay.

If you upgrade, this will be a contracted plan for the amount of time that you agree to and is advertised.  You will have 14 days to cancel this new contract if the coverage isn't good enough.  Please bear in mind that changing contracts or moving to payg does not affect your coverage so if you're happy enough with your coverage now, you will get the same.

If you're thinking about going ahead with this upgrade, just call the Sales Team that might be able to push an early upgrade through for you at [url=callto:1800567085]1800567085[/url]

-Kyle"

So I followed Kyle's advice and phoned the Meteor/eir Sales team, who arranged to change my contract from 25BG per month to 50Gb with effect from 00.01 this (Sunday morning).    I  turned off my wifi device at 23.55 last night and went to bed.

This morning, I turned on my wifi device and could not get any signal at all.  Can't log-in, no wifi.  :(  Not a very impressive start to my revised contract.  Nor the top quality service that I expected from the all-singing, all-dancing new eir.

Worse still, it's a Sunday, so I can't call the Sales Team or talk to the eir team on Boards.ie.   

So I tried the eir chat service.  After waiting 32 minutes, I was connected to an Indian bloke who, after asking me the usual "idiot user" question: "have you turned your modem off and on"  told me that there was probably a problem with my SIM and to call into my local store and ask for a new one.   The only problem with that 'expert' solution is that my nearest "local store" is 50 miles away!      Great!   :mad:

Could Kyle or one of his fellow eir reps, please sort this out for me, asap?    Thanks.

(I have sent a PM to the eir team, with my account details.)

PS  fortunately my missus is with Tesco mobile, so and her wifi is working!
    Otherwise I would be completely cut off from civilisation.  :P

Hi Squatter, 

Thanks for getting in touch. 

I'm very sorry to hear you have no service at the minute. I've received your PM so will respond to you as soon as possible. 

Thanks

Adam 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

Well, I've tried Adam's/eir's suggested solution, which I was unable to implement as my wifi device wouldn't let me, so no dice!

May I again point out how REALLY FRUSTRATING it is to go to bed one night with one's mobile wifi working perfectly and to wake up next morning, having changed none of my wifi settings, and find that it's not working at all.   :mad:

Even worse, when one then seeks assistance from one of eir's Indian "experts" (I have his name) one finds that, after asking me a single question, he's happy to fob me off by telling me either to call an 1890 number (so why should I pay an 1890 call charge for eir's incompetence?) or to drive a round trip of 100 miles to my nearest eir store to get a new SIM!   Top-notch, first class customer service there, Sahib!

Can anyone in Meteor, or even in eir, kindly explain why I might need a new SIM; and if I do need one, then why didn't your salesman tell me so when I upgraded my account last week?

All that I'm looking for is what I had last week, namely a working, decent enough mobile broadband service provided by a supplier called Meteor.

Is that too much to ask for?

Well, I've tried Adam's/eir's suggested solution, which I was unable to implement as my wifi device wouldn't let me, so no dice!

May I again point out how REALLY FRUSTRATING it is to go to bed one night with one's mobile wifi working perfectly and to wake up next morning, having changed none of my wifi settings, and find that it's not working at all.   :mad:

Even worse, when one then seeks assistance from one of eir's Indian "experts" (I have his name) one finds that, after asking me a single question, he's happy to fob me off by telling me either to call an 1890 number (so why should I pay an 1890 call charge for eir's incompetence?) or to drive a round trip of 100 miles to my nearest eir store to get a new SIM!   Top-notch, first class customer service there, Sahib!

Can anyone in Meteor, or even in eir, kindly explain why I might need a new SIM; and if I do need one, then why didn't your salesman tell me so when I upgraded my account last week?

All that I'm looking for is what I had last week, namely a working, decent enough mobile broadband service provided by a supplier called Meteor.

Is that too much to ask for?
    I completely understand your frustration with this Squatter. 

I've sent this off to our tech team to investigate for you, I'll come back to you through PM's when I have heard back. 

Apologies for all delays and inconvenience caused. 

Thanks

Adam 

And day 3 of no eir mobile broadband is now drawing to a close.    

I've had loads of apologies from the eir reps - who are not to blame for this balls-up - but no service.    Given the choice, I'd prefer no apologies whatsoever, just the mobile broadband service that METEOR (RIP) were able to give me for the past few months.

eir's Kevin should really hang his head in shame for posting the following load of pure fantasy in this thread:  "Meteor is now eir.    Meteor and eir share the same great network. As you're already on this network you'll continue to enjoy super connectivity and now we're delighted to announce we have 96% 4G coverage nationwide so you can do anything, anywhere."    

Pull the other one Kev!   "enjoy super connectivity ....   do anything, anywhere" my backside!     I have "enjoyed" no mobile broadband - repeat NONE - for three days - since Meteor became eir.      That means that I can't do anything at all.   

Meteor gave me a decent 4G mobile broadband service for the past 4 months, whereas all that eir can give me are apologies.    

I reckon that a monkey with a lump hammer would do a better job than the witless eir techies who for some unfathomable reason pulled the plug on my mobile bb at one minute past midnight last Sunday and who have left me stranded high and dry for the past 3 days.   :mad:  

And day 3 of no eir mobile broadband is now drawing to a close.    

I've had loads of apologies from the eir reps - who are not to blame for this balls-up - but no service.    Given the choice, I'd prefer no apologies whatsoever, just the mobile broadband service that METEOR (RIP) were able to give me for the past few months.

eir's Kevin should really hang his head in shame for posting the following load of pure fantasy in this thread:  "Meteor is now eir.    Meteor and eir share the same great network. As you're already on this network you'll continue to enjoy super connectivity and now we're delighted to announce we have 96% 4G coverage nationwide so you can do anything, anywhere."    

Pull the other one Kev!   "enjoy super connectivity ....   do anything, anywhere" my backside!     I have "enjoyed" no mobile broadband - repeat NONE - for three days - since Meteor became eir.      That means that I can't do anything at all.   

Meteor gave me a decent 4G mobile broadband service for the past 4 months, whereas all that eir can give me are apologies.    

I reckon that a monkey with a lump hammer would do a better job than the witless eir techies who for some unfathomable reason pulled the plug on my mobile bb at one minute past midnight last Sunday and who have left me stranded high and dry for the past 3 days.   :mad:  
    I do understand Squatter and I'm really sorry that you have been left without service. 

The tech team is currently investigating this issue for you and there's a timeframe of 48 hours.  I'm afraid there is no more I can do until I have feedback from them.

As soon as I hear back I'll come back to you. 

I've PM'd you also.

Thanks 

Adam 

• Advertisement

Just for the record, I'd like to say that I appreciate Adam's and the eir techies' ongoing efforts to solve this problem for me.

UPDATE:

Interestingly, when I put my Meteor SIM in my (unlocked) mobile phone, the display reads "eir" but when I put it in an old (unlocked) 3G mifi device the display reads "Meteor"!

Looks as though my poor old SIM doesn't know where it is!

Just for the record, I'd like to say that I appreciate Adam's and the eir techies' ongoing efforts to solve this problem for me.

UPDATE:

Interestingly, when I put my Meteor SIM in my (unlocked) mobile phone, the display reads "eir" but when I put it in an old (unlocked) 3G mifi device the display reads "Meteor"!

Thanks for letting us know about this. 

I have passed this information on to our mobile technical team for you.

- Adam

UPDATE:

Thanks for letting us know about this. 

I have passed this information on to our mobile technical team for you.

- Adam

Looks as though my mobile BB service is up and running again, Adam.    :D

So one and a half cheers for Meteor and one and a half cheers for eir!

Thanks for all your help.

El Squat.

Looks as though my mobile BB service is up and running again, Adam.    :D

So one and a half cheers for Meteor and one and a half cheers for eir!

Thanks for all your help.

El Squat.
    No problem at all :)

Let me know if you've any further queries.

- Adam

• Advertisement
Advertisement