Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building first gaming pc

Options
  • 10-09-2017 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I want to build my first gaming pc instead of buying a laptop. Just wondering what I need for building a pc. What parts? What equipment to build with? working with a buget between €500-€700. Is that enough money?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Use this template and you'll get suggestions.

1. What is your budget?
    2. What will be the main purpose of the computer?
    3. Do you need a copy of Windows?
    4. Can you use any parts from an old computer?
    5. Do you need a monitor?
    6. Do you need any of these peripherals?
    7. Are you willing to try overclocking?
    8. How can you pay?
    9. When are you purchasing?
    10. If you need help building it, where are you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

500-700 is enough yes, I know that's the biggest obstacle for many.

You'll have a solid PC, will play everything for a few years no hassle

You need a Philips head screwdriver, preferably magnetic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

If you need windows, keyboard, mouse and a monitor you'll be way better off stretching to €750; a bit short on right now so this is more of an outline but you would get very good performance from this - not ultra 60fps good, but a G4560/1050 TI will do a mix of medium/high on a lot of demanding games at about 50fps, and a 1200 is a good step up (if you learn to overclock, it can match an i5 7400 for performance).

If you're OK for those extras, there is room for some nice upgrades. If you have any old computers/laptops you are throwing out or don't use anymore you can reuse your copy of Windows from that, small bit of hassle but well worth saving €90! Also check Amazon Warehouse Deals for 1050 TIs also, I've picked up two for £111 there in the last few months refurbished/returned, both were 100% perfect but if not Amazon have an excellent money back guarantee (which I used on a motherboard I also got in the warehouse - they approved the refund within an hour and honored it even though their Dublin mailing centre never received my return, though I did show the post office receipt to be safe).

The ram below will work great no matter what you do and is at an excellent price; it's coming in stock over the weekend and I'd suggest you buy before then as it will likely shoot up to £70-75 as soon as it's out. It's 2x4GB sticks, so just be sure whatever motherboard you get has 4 RAM slots as adding another 8GB in a year or two could be a good option since games and beginning to demand more and more.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 1200 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor (£97.97 @ Ebuyer)
    Motherboard: MSI - B350M BAZOOKA Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard (£70.33 @ Box Limited)
    Memory: ADATA - XPG Z1 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2800 Memory (£50.63)
    Storage: PNY - CS1311 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (£39.47 @ Amazon UK)
    Storage: Seagate - BarraCuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£38.97 @ Amazon UK)
    Video Card: Zotac - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Mini Video Card (£134.98 @ Amazon UK)
    Case: Zalman - ZM-T3 MicroATX Mini Tower Case (£25.99 @ Amazon UK)
    Power Supply: Corsair - Builder 430W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply (£37.97 @ Amazon UK)
    Monitor: Hannspree - HE225DPB 21.5" 1920x1080 Monitor (£82.87 @ More Computers)
    Other: TeckNet Gryphon LED Illuminated Programmable Gaming Keyboard and Mouse Set, Water-Resistant Design, UK layout (£20.00)
    Total: £599.18
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-09-11 13:19 BST+0100

Advertisement