Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance

Options
  • 10-09-2017 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hey, just looking for some advice as I am so frustrated at the moment. I'm a provisional driver, I'm 28 I moved back to Ireland in December 16 and have been trying to get insurance since then to no avail! my step father has been trying to get me as a Named driver and it's proving fruitless. Keep been told I need my own policy. I'm a provisional I can't drive in my own? I work in Dublin so will only be driving the car every second weekend when I get home? Failed my driving test due to lack of confidence because I can't get out on the road. Literally where am I supposed to turn! AXA gave me a quote of €3000 for a policy of my own. No thank you

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 23 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Kieron

Gulpy wrote: »
    Hey, just looking for some advice as I am so frustrated at the moment. I'm a provisional driver, I'm 28 I moved back to Ireland in December 16 and have been trying to get insurance since then to no avail! my step father has been trying to get me as a Named driver and it's proving fruitless. Keep been told I need my own policy. I'm a provisional I can't drive in my own? I work in Dublin so will only be driving the car every second weekend when I get home? Failed my driving test due to lack of confidence because I can't get out on the road. Literally where am I supposed to turn! AXA gave me a quote of €3000 for a policy of my own. No thank you
    Hi Gulpy, 

I appreciate it is difficult getting a quote for first time insurance; unfortunately whilst you are on a provisional licence and do not have any driving discounts, the first policy will be more expensive.  Have you got a quote with us yet? Maybe try us on 1890 89 1890 or visit our website at https://www.libertyinsurance.ie/ and we will see if we can do any better. 

Regards Kieran

Advertisement