Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People constantly ringing door bell in Maynooth

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭GritBiscuit

Not in your specific area OP but had much the same issue. Seemed like a constant stream of cold callers...got a sticker for beside the bell on eBay for a few cent that says "please no cold calling, nothing will be bought at the door" and while the odd one slips through, the vast majority don't bother. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Install a camera

Here's on for €17 -
    http://www.freetv.ie/dome-cameras/

Its a real camera (the dummy cameras are easily recognised as dummy cameras), stick it up and it should do the trick.

If the issue persists, then get a working camera system, but my guess is this will work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

I've a sliding door before the main door. This is closed and lever pushed down. Always.

I'd say 6 wnakers a week lift the lever, open the door and ring the bell at the front door then walk off leaving the sliding door open. Shooting's too good.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I've a sliding door before the main door. This is closed and lever pushed down. Always.

I'd say 6 wnakers a week lift the lever, open the door and ring the bell at the front door then walk off leaving the sliding door open. Shooting's too good.

Put a lock on sliding door¿

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

I do 'soft lock' it. I don't want to key lock it, it's a pita. If I saw the lever down I just wouldn't lift it, not to mind open the door, ring twice then waltz off leaving the door open. They're just shiitty people.

• Advertisement

I do 'soft lock' it. I don't want to key lock it, it's a pita. If I saw the lever down I just wouldn't lift it, not to mind open the door, ring twice then waltz off leaving the door open. They're just shiitty people.

Get anti climb paint smear all over handle.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,890 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Get anti climb paint smear all over handle.

Then it'll be impractical to actually lock the house from the outside. Also, I'd be of the opinion that use of anti climb paint without warnings would have legal consequences.

L1011 wrote: »
    Then it'll be impractical to actually lock the house from the outside. Also, I'd be of the opinion that use of anti climb paint without warnings would have legal consequences.

Sorry I didn't add place a sign. But of course was a bit of a joke.

Honestly it would be so much easier and much safer for a security side of things to just lock the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Rosahane

You can get replacement lock barrels that have a locking knob on the inside rather than needing a key. I have one on the sliding porch door.

Advertisement