Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbours

Options
  • 10-09-2017 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

I'm starting early this year because every year end up behind come December.

What do people get neighbours for Christmas? Always like to give a small token but tend to be unimaginative and end up with sweets and wine. Any other options our there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Booze, tins of biscuits, local fancy chocolate, candles. Novelty tea towels/aprons etc for one of them sometimes (big Mrs Brown fans in that house!). Homemade cranberry sauce/chutney/jam etc too.
    Basically, consumable stuff!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Wine or a nice homemade hamper, Dee's suggestions are very good and if any of my neighbors can see this I would love some Homemade cranberry sauces, chutney or jams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,587 ✭✭✭DunnoKidz

Your choices sound great! Consumables would be my favourite to receive.
    Other than that... Advent calendars or a gingerbread house kit for the neighbour kids. For the adults: poinsettias, winter bulbs or seasonal flower arrangements, candles are always lovely, a beautiful ornament, a set of seasonal mugs or placemats with napkins, even new hotpads & kitchen towels seems thoughtful. This year I found lovely cards/stationary sets to give. Consumables given on festive seasonal dishes or lovely platters are a nice touch, something for them to enjoy over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

DunnoKidz wrote: »
    kids. For the adults: poinsettias, winter bulbs or seasonal flower arrangements,

Don't get them ponsiettas if they have cats. They're poisonous to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,587 ✭✭✭DunnoKidz

Don't get them ponsiettas if they have cats. They're poisonous to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭jellybear

We got our neighbours one of these last year and they got us one the following year which had our dog on it too :) Might be too personal but just an idea :)

Advertisement